Data lost

  • ldjhandm
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
      Have I missed something recently? My MSG was fine until today. During the afternoon the data started getting corrupted despite normal signal levels and now - from 1.30pm - it has gone despite normal signal levels. I have checked the weekly info and can't find any suggestion of a test in progress. Is it just my system?

      Lawrence Harris
    • James Brown
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
        On 06/01/2013 16:34, ldjhandm wrote:
        > Have I missed something recently? My MSG was fine until today. During the afternoon the data started getting corrupted despite normal signal levels and now - from 1.30pm - it has gone despite normal signal levels. I have checked the weekly info and can't find any suggestion of a test in progress. Is it just my system?
        >
        > Lawrence Harris

        All OK here Lawrence I'm afraid to say :-((

        Hope a re-boot solves your problems,

        James
      • ldjhandm
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
          It did exactly that! Thanks James.

          Lawrence

          --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown wrote:

          > On 06/01/2013 16:34, ldjhandm wrote:
          > > Have I missed something recently? My MSG was fine until today. During the afternoon the data started getting corrupted despite normal signal levels and now - from 1.30pm - it has gone despite normal signal levels. I have checked the weekly info and can't find any suggestion of a test in progress. Is it just my system?
          > >
          > > Lawrence Harris
          > >

          > All OK here Lawrence I'm afraid to say :-((
          >
          > Hope a re-boot solves your problems,
          >
          > James

        • James Brown
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 6, 2013
            On 06/01/2013 17:39, ldjhandm wrote:
            > It did exactly that! Thanks James.
            >
            > Lawrence

            Delighted to hear it. Glad the solution wasn't above my pay grade! ;-))

            Sometimes an odd corrupt file will prevent a prog from functioning and
            then there is a build up until a seize up. Or more cycles taken than the
            CPU can cope, and the backlog becomes too great. I wonder if you were
            able to follow the EUMETSAT's instruction regarding increasing the
            memory limit? See...

            http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/News/ProductServiceNews/822668?l=en

            All the best
            James
          • ldjhandm
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 7, 2013
              Ah well.... it did work for a time. This morning is an action replay! I have checked the system as far as I can - cables, psu etc but although the signal came on strong, it disappeared after a few seconds and refuses to come back. FWIW the rx was new some months back. Maybe I'll have to try renewing the cable ends in case of damp inside.