Re: [MSG-1] Using the same EKU for decoding data from Europe Ku-Band and America C-Band ?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
      -----Original Message-----
      From: ep3sat

      Hello everybody,
      I'm currently using EumetCast Europe Ku-Band downlink via Eurobird 9a
      satellite but I'll soon moving to America region and I have to use C-band
      downlink via NSS-806. I wonder if I have to order a new EKU or the one I
      already have will do the work for me?
      Anybody has a clue?
      Thanks in advance

      As far as I know, your existing eToken will work as before, but you will
      have access to a more limited range of services. In any case, you should
      contact the EUMETSAT Help Desk to advise them of your move, as you may
      require licencing from a different authority.

      73,
      David GM8ARV
    • josh_kk1d
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
        --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "ep3sat" <ep3sat@...> wrote:

        > Hello everybody,
        > I'm currently using EumetCast Europe Ku-Band downlink via Eurobird 9a satellite but I'll soon moving to America region and I have to use C-band downlink via NSS-806. I wonder if I have to order a new EKU or the one I already have will do the work for me?
        > Anybody has a clue?

        Don't know if the EKUs are different, but will say
        that we recently switched from one of the recommended
        receivers to the Prof Revolution DVB-S2 7500 USB, and
        it works much better... we're on Atlantic Bird 3,
        but know users on the other North America service
        satellite as well.

        Good luck with the move...
      • ep3sat
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
          Thanks David. I will contact Eumetsat for update on my licene.
          Thanks Josh.

          73