Using the same EKU for decoding data from Europe Ku-Band and America C-Band ?

  • ep3sat
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
      Hello everybody,
      I'm currently using EumetCast Europe Ku-Band downlink via Eurobird 9a satellite but I'll soon moving to America region and I have to use C-band downlink via NSS-806. I wonder if I have to order a new EKU or the one I already have will do the work for me?
      Anybody has a clue?
      Thanks in advance
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 18, 2012
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 19, 2012
          --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "ep3sat" <ep3sat@...> wrote:

          > Hello everybody,
          > I'm currently using EumetCast Europe Ku-Band downlink via Eurobird 9a satellite but I'll soon moving to America region and I have to use C-band downlink via NSS-806. I wonder if I have to order a new EKU or the one I already have will do the work for me?
          > Anybody has a clue?

          Don't know if the EKUs are different, but will say
          that we recently switched from one of the recommended
          receivers to the Prof Revolution DVB-S2 7500 USB, and
          it works much better... we're on Atlantic Bird 3,
          but know users on the other North America service
          satellite as well.

          Good luck with the move...
        • ep3sat
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 22, 2012
            Thanks David. I will contact Eumetsat for update on my licene.
            Thanks Josh.

            73