Re: [MSG-1] RSS

  • Bernard Burton
    Message 1 of 89 , Oct 28, 2012
      Yes, I agree with Ian, the RSS service is far from nominal. Apart from the slight queasy feeling engendered by viewing an animation, there is also the loss of accuracy in determining cloud boundaries etc. I do hope this is a problem that can be rectified, although its length to date would seem to mitigate against this.
      Bernard Burton

      Wokingham Berkshire.

      Weather data and satellite images at:
      http://www.woksat.info/wwp.html

      Message 89 of 89 , Oct 30, 2012
        I still do not see any improvement in the RSS imagery, so for the time being
        I am using Met-9 for all my AVI's

        However there are two things to consider. MSG-2 will be taking over the
        Rapid Scan Service when MSG-3 becomes operational and that should be fairly
        soon. I assume also that the Rapid Scan Service will stop in just over two
        weeks for its usual annual monthly outage, although that might be in
        question given the pending changes.

        Regards
        Ian.