Reception problem

  • mic_der
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi all,
      I'm Michele de Rosa and I'm new of this group. Together with a colleague I manage a site which shows the results of some studies I did. To do this, I setup a MSG reception station under Win XP about one year ago. All was ok until few months ago, but in the last 2 months I noted that sometimes several channels are in the available and/or connecting state on the Tellicast web interface, but no channel is connected. To solve this problem I have to reboot the pc. I have a Skystar 2 PCI card and I setup the recv.ini properly in order to receive only the IR channels and some meteorological products like the CLM and the MPE. Please, could anyone help me?

      Thanks a lot

      Michele
    • Alan Banks
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2012
        Hi Michele,
        Can you think what may have changed 2 months ago?
        Do you run any security?
        Has the setting on firewall been changed.
        Are IP addresses correct?
        This is just the start of a possible long list of things, many of which
        I am sure you have tried.

        I would look at
        Is the disk full? (of unwanted data that is not cleared out.)
        Do you use a RamDisk? Is it big enough?
        How many fsy files do you get?
        Try defragmenting any disks.

        I'm not sure what you mean by saying you recieve IR only by editing the
        recv.ini file. This should be done with data management.
        recv.ini should look something like this
        > http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv.ini.html

        and recv-channels.ini
        > http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv-channels.ini.html

        with only channels 2,3&4 not hashed out.
        Cheers

        Alan
        On 01/06/2012 08:22, mic_der wrote:
        > Hi all,
        > I'm Michele de Rosa and I'm new of this group. Together with a colleague I manage a site which shows the results of some studies I did. To do this, I setup a MSG reception station under Win XP about one year ago. All was ok until few months ago, but in the last 2 months I noted that sometimes several channels are in the available and/or connecting state on the Tellicast web interface, but no channel is connected. To solve this problem I have to reboot the pc. I have a Skystar 2 PCI card and I setup the recv.ini properly in order to receive only the IR channels and some meteorological products like the CLM and the MPE. Please, could anyone help me?
        >
        > Thanks a lot
        >
        > Michele

      • mic_der
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
          Hi Alan,
          thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for the delay. In the last two
          months I haven't changed anything except one thing: I passed from a wifi
          connection to a wired connection using a powerline. Keep in mind that
          the reception station is connected to another pc by LAN and it haven't
          an internet connection. About the recv.ini file, you are right: I
          modified only the recv-channels.ini file.

          Bye

          Michele

          --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, Alan Banks <alan@...> wrote:

          > Hi Michele,
          > Can you think what may have changed 2 months ago?
          > Do you run any security?
          > Has the setting on firewall been changed.
          > Are IP addresses correct?
          > This is just the start of a possible long list of things, many of
          which
          > I am sure you have tried.
          >
          > I would look at
          > Is the disk full? (of unwanted data that is not cleared out.)
          > Do you use a RamDisk? Is it big enough?
          > How many fsy files do you get?
          > Try defragmenting any disks.
          >
          > I'm not sure what you mean by saying you recieve IR only by editing
          the
          > recv.ini file. This should be done with data management.
          > recv.ini should look something like this
          > > http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv.ini.html
          >
          > and recv-channels.ini
          > > http://www.alanbanks.org.uk/recv-channels.ini.html
          >
          > with only channels 2,3&4 not hashed out.
          > Cheers
          >
          > Alan
          > On 01/06/2012 08:22, mic_der wrote:
          > > Hi all,
          > > I'm Michele de Rosa and I'm new of this group. Together with a
          colleague I manage a site which shows the results of some studies I did.
          To do this, I setup a MSG reception station under Win XP about one year
          ago. All was ok until few months ago, but in the last 2 months I noted
          that sometimes several channels are in the available and/or connecting
          state on the Tellicast web interface, but no channel is connected. To
          solve this problem I have to reboot the pc. I have a Skystar 2 PCI card
          and I setup the recv.ini properly in order to receive only the IR
          channels and some meteorological products like the CLM and the MPE.
          Please, could anyone help me?

          > > Thanks a lot
          > >
          > > Michele

        • Alan Banks
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
            In that case I would check the IP addresses of the DVB box and LAN.
            Something may conflict.
            Alan

            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 5, 2012
              Hi,
              last night at midnight the problem happened again and I had to reboot
              the pc. The Eumetsat data channels 2 and 6 and the SAF Europe channel
              were in the available state but no channel was in connected state. I
              check the ip addresses and I see that the LAN address is 192.168.3.102
              (subnet mask 255.255.255.0) while the skystar ip is 192.168.238.238
              (subnet mask 255.255.255.0). Could it be a hw problem?

              Bye