EKU Key Problems

  • gpwhitehead
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
      I have just had another key from Eumetsat after the last one kept stopping and deleting my pink T from the task bar.

      Now after only a few days the replacement one is doing the same.

      I have not changed any of the main systems at all, still same hard drive, memory, motherboard, CPU

      I did change the power supply about 6 months ago, I have had that tested and it is within the limits.

      The only software I have put in is the new MSG Data
      Manager, METOP Manager, and Kepler Manager

      Eumetsat seem to think it might me a hardware or software problem ??

      All my system checks out.

      Only one thing I have added is a wireless dongle for my mouse.

      I know several people have had the same problem, did anyone solve this, or find the cause??

      Thanks all in advance

      Graham Whitehead
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2011
        > I have just had another key from Eumetsat after the last one kept
        > stopping and deleting my pink T from the task bar.
        >
        > Now after only a few days the replacement one is doing the same.
        >
        > I have not changed any of the main systems at all, still same hard
        > drive, memory, motherboard, CPU
        >
        > I did change the power supply about 6 months ago, I have had that tested
        > and it is within the limits.
        >
        > The only software I have put in is the new MSG Data
        > Manager, METOP Manager, and Kepler Manager
        >
        > Eumetsat seem to think it might me a hardware or software problem ??
        >
        > All my system checks out.
        >
        > Only one thing I have added is a wireless dongle for my mouse.
        >
        > I know several people have had the same problem, did anyone solve this,
        > or find the cause??
        >
        > Thanks all in advance
        >
        > Graham Whitehead

        Graham,

        I have seen similar problems, also been sent a new eToken, and also not
        had the problem resolved. It seems that the eToken can be very sensitive
        to any changes in the USB ports, such as plugging in a memory stick or
        other device, or that some USB ports are marginal on the power, or cannot
        supply transient loads (such as plugging in an HD).

        You may find that plugging it into the back of the PC (i.e. directly into
        the motherboard) rather than the front ports or some extension lead may
        help, or even into a separately powered hub.