[MSG-1] Packet losses

  • James Brown
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
      A whole day of them now - wonder what's up?

      Cheers
      James
      --
      James Brown
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
        > A whole day of them now - wonder what's up?
        >
        > Cheers
        > James

        Same across Europe, James. I've heard nothing from EUMETSAT, but if I had
        to guess either they've switched to a backup uplink system which isn't
        configured in quite the same way as the prime feed (and that could have
        been an automatic switch), or there's been a configuration change, or
        there's some new data coming down which we don't see.

        I did report it this morning.

      • James Brown
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
          In message <98420FCD975E43EEAE630E4F6F678CCF@narvik>, David J Taylor
          <gm8arv@...> writes
          >> A whole day of them now - wonder what's up?
          >>
          >> Cheers
          >> James
          >
          >Same across Europe, James. I've heard nothing from EUMETSAT, but if I had
          >to guess either they've switched to a backup uplink system which isn't
          >configured in quite the same way as the prime feed (and that could have
          >been an automatic switch), or there's been a configuration change, or
          >there's some new data coming down which we don't see.
          >
          >I did report it this morning.
          >
          >Cheers,
          >David

          Thanks David,
          that saves an e-mail then.
          Cheers
          --
          James Brown
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 2011
            > Thanks David,
            > that saves an e-mail then.
            > Cheers
            > --
            > James Brown

            My reporting route is not a formal one, James, so had the problem
            continued I would have welcomed your report. However, since before 08:00
            UTC this morning the missed packets appear to be back to normal.