TPC-1

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
      Is anyone receiving data from the above new channel ( which now replaces
      Aida-1 ). It was due to commence on Thursday 9/6/2011 but so far no data.

      It is possible ( but unlikely ) that the data is sent overnight, so that is
      why I am checking, as I only run 14/15 hours a day.

      Regards
      Ian.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
        > Is anyone receiving data from the above new channel ( which now replaces
        > Aida-1 ). It was due to commence on Thursday 9/6/2011 but so far no
        > data.
        >
        > It is possible ( but unlikely ) that the data is sent overnight, so that
        > is
        > why I am checking, as I only run 14/15 hours a day.
        >
        > Regards
        > Ian.

        Ian,

        I have been getting the data (as a manufacturer) for some time. The most
        recent was on June 09 and the files were created between 01:41 (clock) and
        05:12. It was just the "3daycomp" files for June 07 and June 08, and not
        the "refined" data, though.

        I would have expected the "refined" files, as some for June 06 were
        created at 04:02 on June 09, so there /should/ have been some arriving on
        June 10. I can send you a more complete directory listing if you like.
        Better, I'll upload a file list to the group's Files area shortly. The
        timestamp listed is the file creation time (Explorer normally lists the
        modification time, which the MSG Data Manager sets according to the file
        name).

      • Ian Deans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
          Many thanks for doing that David. I now have the listing and that does
          confirm no data since overnight 8/9th June. Plymouth data in general is a
          little unreliable so that may explain the present position.

          I would like to spend a little more time in trying to understand and use the
          McIDAS-V program which I think may deal with " NC " files but time at the
          moment is hard to find !!

          Regards
          Ian.

          > Is anyone receiving data from the above new channel ( which now replaces
          > Aida-1 ). It was due to commence on Thursday 9/6/2011 but so far no
          > data.
          >
          > It is possible ( but unlikely ) that the data is sent overnight, so that
          > is
          > why I am checking, as I only run 14/15 hours a day.
          >
          > Regards
          > Ian.

          Ian,

          I have been getting the data (as a manufacturer) for some time. The most
          recent was on June 09 and the files were created between 01:41 (clock) and
          05:12. It was just the "3daycomp" files for June 07 and June 08, and not
          the "refined" data, though.

          I would have expected the "refined" files, as some for June 06 were
          created at 04:02 on June 09, so there /should/ have been some arriving on
          June 10. I can send you a more complete directory listing if you like.
          Better, I'll upload a file list to the group's Files area shortly. The
          timestamp listed is the file creation time (Explorer normally lists the
          modification time, which the MSG Data Manager sets according to the file
          name).

        • Douglas Deans
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 10, 2011
            Many thanks for doing that David. I now have the listing and that does
            confirm no data since overnight 8/9th June. Plymouth data in general is a
            little unreliable so that may explain the present position.

            I would like to spend a little more time in trying to understand and use the
            McIDAS-V program which I think may deal with " NC " files but time at the
            moment is hard to find !!

            Regards
            Ian.

            Yes that program does deal with some of the NC files but it needs a whole
            load of work to fathom out just what it is showing.
            It is an incredible program in that deals with a large range of files but
            sadly does not have the user friendly aspects of David's software.
            Like you I have other demands on my time at the moment.
            Good winter project.

            Regards
            Douglas.