100 days uptime without packet loss

  • ernstlobsiger
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2011
      Dear Eumetsat
      Dear all

      Just a big thank you to Eumetsat that managed to improve the EumetCast uplink chain that gave us a couple of simultaneous lost packets all over Europe in the past. This effect seems to be gone since mid January 2011 about when I installed 2 APC Smart UPS for my EumetCast receivers.

      An here comes the publicity part: For the last 100 days both my GNU/Linux receivers have not lost a single packet. So another thank you to the community that keeps up making and improving Free Software.

      Cheers
      Ernst

      See http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast receiver links at the bottom.