Re: [MSG-1] not yet perfect, but...

    Message 1 of 91 , Mar 1, 2011
      > Just give me a shout in time, a view of the locks is 5 minutes walk from
      > here.

      I'll let you know nearer the time.

      > I just finished doing the re-scaling and re-labeling work, should match
      > your
      > preferences now too.
      >
      > My maxbytes is set to 5.000.000 now, which is 40 Mbits/s. Average values
      > seem to be far from that.
      >
      > The "unscaled" command seems to do just the opposite, or am I logically
      > mirrored? My understanding was that "scaled" would refer to the maxbytes
      > value, uncaled to no fixed value. It works just the other way round, I
      > think.
      > But I never understood sys admins, so, don't worry... :)
      >
      > I have to apologize too for getting behind in the updating of the german
      > versions. Let's communicate that in PMs please in the next time...
      >
      > Who said too many ideas too little time here some hours ago?
      >
      > ;)
      > Cheers,
      > U.

      May I ask, Ulrich, that you revert to bytes per second? Whilst I agree
      that bits/second may be a more logical unit in this case, as virtually all
      the other graphs are in bytes, having your in bytes as well makes for an
      easier comparison. Don't worry about the scaling, as it's now OK.

      "Unscaled" - means "don't alter the scaling to match the data", so "AGC
      off" if you like.

      When you have time to update the German translations, just get in touch,
      but there haven't been any major changes, as far as I know, just a few
      extra words and phrases.

    • ernstlobsiger
      Message 91 of 91 , Mar 22, 2011
        Ulrich

        --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ulrich G. Kliegis" <Ulrich.Kliegis@...> wrote:

        > Ernst,
        > hard to admit - but your .cmd file (yes, 0.91) looked so self-explanatory that I
        > did never look again at the content of the zip package. May I suggest that
        > you place an advice in capital letters on the top rows to also read the
        > readme.txt?

        If I name the File README.txt (Nomen est Omen) I expect people to read the file. But this is am matter of OS: (older) UNIX/Linux users are used to read, while Windows users are more likely to click.

        > BTW, I just installed sdfrag 2.0, and it performs its initial work. That's a part
        > of the explanation for the presently visible missed packets peaks.
        >
        > Thanks again to you, Ernst, problem solved for the time being.
        >
        > Cheers,
        > U.

        Yes, there is always room for improvement. Both of my GNU/Linux receivers have not missed one single packet since mid January 2011. That is about 9 weeks now (since EUMETSAT improved it's uplink system!). Kallisto typically gets 32'000 and Europa 24'000 files a day and there is no such thing as fragmentation on an ext3 FS ...

        ( See links at the bottom of http://www.gymalp.ch/~eumetcast )

        Cheers
        Ernst