Aida-1

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
      Am I correct in saying that AIDA-1 data is now being sent through channel 12
      and now appears under the " Fire " folder in MSG.

      Since setting up my new computer well over a month ago I have not received
      any data under Aida-1 and a search in the Eumetsat Product Navigator ( which
      is an excellent tool ) produces nothing. If it has moved then I can remove
      the entry from recv-channels.ini

      Regards
      Ian.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
        > Am I correct in saying that AIDA-1 data is now being sent through
        > channel 12
        > and now appears under the " Fire " folder in MSG.
        >
        > Since setting up my new computer well over a month ago I have not
        > received
        > any data under Aida-1 and a search in the Eumetsat Product Navigator (
        > which
        > is an excellent tool ) produces nothing. If it has moved then I can
        > remove
        > the entry from recv-channels.ini
        >
        > Regards
        > Ian.

        Yes, Ian.

        THIRD-PARTY DATA AND PRODUCTS
        Move of "MODIS Active Fires - Southern Africa Product" from "AIDA-1" to
        "EUMETSAT Data Channel 12"
        For full details, please see:
        http://www.eumetsat.int/Home/Main/News/OperationalNews/801692?l=en

        So you need the channel 12 stream running and selected in the MSG Data
        Manager.

      • Ian Deans
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
          Many thanks for the reply David. I have channel 12 running and have been
          seeing occasional MODIS active fire data ( over and above the other fire
          data coming through Channel 12 ). I just was not sure if the fire data was
          all that came through the AIDA-1 channel but it seems it was, as nothing
          else has appeared. I tried to find the message you have shown below as I
          had not kept it, but as you are probably aware it is now not available and
          comes back with a 404 error.

          I can now remove the AIDA-1 entry from recv-channels.ini

          Thanks again.
          Ian.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2011
            > Many thanks for the reply David. I have channel 12 running and have
            > been
            > seeing occasional MODIS active fire data ( over and above the other fire
            > data coming through Channel 12 ). I just was not sure if the fire data
            > was
            > all that came through the AIDA-1 channel but it seems it was, as nothing
            > else has appeared. I tried to find the message you have shown below as
            > had not kept it, but as you are probably aware it is now not available
            > and
            > comes back with a 404 error.
            >
            > I can now remove the AIDA-1 entry from recv-channels.ini
            >
            > Thanks again.
            > Ian.

            Ian,

            EUMETSAT still list that channel as providing "AIDA products" - but I
            don't recall what they might be! Perhaps playing with the product
            navigator might reveal something?

            Sorry that EUMETSAT have deleted their message about this. You could try
            an Internet "go-back" or "history" site. I just searched the e-mailed
            messages for the word "AIDA" to find that one about the change, as it
            wasn't documented internally in the MSG Data Manager. I didn't check the
            URL, but copied it in good faith. No lick at:

            http://web.archive.org