Data Loss

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 82 , Dec 2, 2010
      I see thee has been some data loss this morning on the 10.15 cycle. The
      Weekly Operations Schedule had warned of losses today particularly between
      9.00 and 11.00 UTC although there were risks all day.

      I noticed the signal had gone and as I am in whiteout conditions here I
      thought at first it was me.

      Regards
      Ian.
    • wonker3_2000
      Message 82 of 82 , May 14
        MSG-1@yahoogroups.com writes:

        Confirmed here Ian - at least two bursts of unrecovered packets as weel
        as a rare 'bad packet' reading.

        I also saw some anomalous low SNR readings this morning, which given the
        virtually cloud free skies at this S Wales location, means the
        atmospherics at the receiving station were not the cause.

        +++++++++

        James and Ian,

        Later in the day (yesterday) two large storms drifted right across Austria
        - developing very quickly and nicely shown on RSS using LUTLandSea-Red.
        The first developed rapidly in SE Bavaria around 14:45, the other in
        Alsace around 17:00 moving across southern Germany and through Austria.

        Regarding comments a few days ago on signal levels, my SNR has been up a
        bit this week.

        Regards,
        John.