Data Loss

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 82 , Nov 5, 2010
      I have noticed this morning that I have some data loss since about 8.30 on RSS / Met-9 and AVHRR ( Metop OK ).

      As I have just this morning had to move back to an older computer for receiving and processing it would be reassuring to know if
      others have seen these losses.

      Thanks
      Ian.
    • wonker3_2000
      Message 82 of 82 , May 14
        MSG-1@yahoogroups.com writes:

        Confirmed here Ian - at least two bursts of unrecovered packets as weel
        as a rare 'bad packet' reading.

        I also saw some anomalous low SNR readings this morning, which given the
        virtually cloud free skies at this S Wales location, means the
        atmospherics at the receiving station were not the cause.

        +++++++++

        James and Ian,

        Later in the day (yesterday) two large storms drifted right across Austria
        - developing very quickly and nicely shown on RSS using LUTLandSea-Red.
        The first developed rapidly in SE Bavaria around 14:45, the other in
        Alsace around 17:00 moving across southern Germany and through Austria.

        Regarding comments a few days ago on signal levels, my SNR has been up a
        bit this week.

        Regards,
        John.