Re: Lost Data

  • robertsmoore2002
    Message 1 of 11 , May 10, 2010
      Ah! and I'm always banging on to my students about reading the text carefully - and I read some messages with my brain out of gear. Thanks Ian.

      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <iandeans142@...> wrote:

      > Robert, today's losses are nothing to do with the maintenance work which is
      > due to commence at 22.00 UTC tonight until early tomorrow morning.
      >
      > I have seen problems at ( UK Time ) 15.00 and 16.00 and again at approx.
      > 16.30 so it has been a bad day for packet losses. The Weekly Operations
      > Report did not advise of any work/ maintenance today.
      >
      > Snowing here in Monifieth as I write this !!! Long winter.
      >
      > Regards
      > Ian.

    • Ian Deans
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
        More problems again today with lost data. A number of missing segments on the 16.00 UTC Met-9 and one missing Metop. A few missing
        NOAA 19 AVHRR as well.

        Looks like another Europe wide missing packet problem.

        Regards
        Ian.
      • Ian Deans

          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 23, 2010
            In message <87CBAFC56EA2448DA90BB3C67A52B9C0@IanPC>, Ian Deans
            <iandeans142@...> writes
            >More problems again today with lost data. A number of missing segments
            >on the 16.00 UTC Met-9 and one missing Metop. A few missing
            >NOAA 19 AVHRR as well.
            >
            >Looks like another Europe wide missing packet problem.
            >
            >Regards
            >Ian.

            yes indeed Ian,
            And the animations show some strong convective activity.
            Cheers
            James
            --
            James Brown