Re: Lost Data

  • robertsmoore2002
    Message 1 of 16 , May 10, 2010
      Ah! and I'm always banging on to my students about reading the text carefully - and I read some messages with my brain out of gear. Thanks Ian.

      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <iandeans142@...> wrote:

      > Robert, today's losses are nothing to do with the maintenance work which is
      > due to commence at 22.00 UTC tonight until early tomorrow morning.
      >
      > I have seen problems at ( UK Time ) 15.00 and 16.00 and again at approx.
      > 16.30 so it has been a bad day for packet losses. The Weekly Operations
      > Report did not advise of any work/ maintenance today.
      >
      > Snowing here in Monifieth as I write this !!! Long winter.
      >
      > Regards
      > Ian.

    • Ian Deans
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
        More problems again today with lost data. A number of missing segments on the 16.00 UTC Met-9 and one missing Metop. A few missing
        NOAA 19 AVHRR as well.

        Looks like another Europe wide missing packet problem.

        Regards
        Ian.
      • Ian Deans

          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 23, 2010
            In message <87CBAFC56EA2448DA90BB3C67A52B9C0@IanPC>, Ian Deans
            <iandeans142@...> writes
            >More problems again today with lost data. A number of missing segments
            >on the 16.00 UTC Met-9 and one missing Metop. A few missing
            >NOAA 19 AVHRR as well.
            >
            >Looks like another Europe wide missing packet problem.
            >
            >Regards
            >Ian.

            yes indeed Ian,
            And the animations show some strong convective activity.
            Cheers
            James
            --
            James Brown
          • iansdeans
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 29, 2015
              Since moving to my back-up system about 1 hour ago, I have been seeing some
              missed data. I have seen the odd loss on AVHRR and Metop but a bit more on
              RSS. Strangely my missed and recovered packets are 0/0 which does not make
              sense.

              Any others seeing this or do I have something "strange" going on.

              Regards
              Ian.
            • seggins

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 29, 2015
                  On 29/11/15 17:40, iandeans142@... [MSG-1] wrote:
                  > Since moving to my back-up system about 1 hour ago, I have been seeing some
                  > missed data. I have seen the odd loss on AVHRR and Metop but a bit more on
                  > RSS. Strangely my missed and recovered packets are 0/0 which does not make
                  > sense.
                  >
                  > Any others seeing this or do I have something "strange" going on.
                  >
                  > Regards
                  > Ian.
                  >

                  > ------------------------------------
                  > Posted by: <iandeans142@...>
                  > ------------------------------------

                  Hi Ian,
                  reception appears to be "normal" here, with very few missed segments.
                  But the weather is quite calm and rain free, at the moment at least !
                  regards
                  Nigel
                • Douglas Deans
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 29, 2015
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 29, 2015
                      Thanks to all that replied. It appears the problem is related to
                      MSGAnimator which I have stopped for the time being. Will have a look at it
                      after tea when I have a little more time.

                      Regards
                      Ian.