Re: [MSG-1] Packet loss today

  • Alan Banks
    Message 1 of 43 , May 1, 2010
      Hi David

      On 01/05/2010 06:32, David J Taylor wrote:

      > I'm not quite sure why you would want to delete the FSY files, though.

      I only do it when i'm into a 2.fsy and the RAMDisk is in danger of
      filling up.
      > Stopping and restarting TelliCast could result in more data loss.

      Doesn't appear to if you time it right - just at the end of a 15min
      MSGDM cycle and RemoveFSY is a quick and easy way of doing it. Though it
      only removes 0.fsy and 1.fsy (need to contact Fred about that.)

      Cheers

      Alan
      Message 43 of 43 , Jun 6, 2010
        > James and others I note the following information from NOAA which may
        > explain the outage.
        >
        > ''ESPC is not receiving any MODIS, AIRS
        > and AMSR-E data. The NANUK server has crashed at
        > Goddard. The server will not be available until Monday morning.''
        >
        > Regards
        > Douglas.

        I saw that note, Douglas, but didn't connect it. Mind you, to me ESPC is
        the Edinburgh Solicitors Property Centre! Quite a time for a server to be
        out....

        Seems we had our own incident around 16:00 with, I suspect, bad weather
        over Usingen causing a Europe-wide outage. I managed to get Windows
        updates done on my main PC just before the signal came back.

        See:
        http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html