Re: [MSG-1] Lost Segments

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
      Thanks for your detailed mail. I have noticed over the last 10 days or so
      a drop in signal quality of about 10% or so, but that has not been causing
      any problems. I usually check the dish alignment coming into spring so that
      should be resolved once the better weather arrives.

      After losses I reported yesterday just after 9.30 UTC, I ran loss free for
      the next 12 hours.

      I have been looking much closer at the problems the DVBWorld / Dexatek
      sotware cause to Windows Power Options ( not screen saver ) and it is clear
      that it changes more than just the display settings when shutting down and
      again on opening. I have also noticed particularly after shutting down my
      Dexatek box that when my monitor comes out of standby ( via power options )
      there is a 15/20 second pause where everything is frozen. That is
      intermittent but has happened occasionally during the day when the Dexatek
      box has been running and that certainly will cause losses. To avoid this I
      have been switching off my monitor when away from the computer rather than
      use power options, but I am beginning to wonder if the freeze may be
      happening independently of the power options being used.

      I am presently monitoring this closely as it has only happened since using
      Windows 7 and was an issue with the 32-bit system as well as my present
      64-bit.

      To be honest the DVBWorld /Dekatek software interfering with Windows (
      without giving any options ) is ridiculous, but unfortunately I am unable to
      use my SkyStar card on this computer.

      Regards
      Ian.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2010
        Thanks for your detailed mail. I have noticed over the last 10 days or so
        a drop in signal quality of about 10% or so, but that has not been causing
        any problems. I usually check the dish alignment coming into spring so that
        should be resolved once the better weather arrives.

        After losses I reported yesterday just after 9.30 UTC, I ran loss free for
        the next 12 hours.

        I have been looking much closer at the problems the DVBWorld / Dexatek
        software cause to Windows Power Options ( not screen saver ) and it is clear