FY2E

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
      It looks like the first FY2E image and Met. product data for a week is now
      coming through. Image data should be an improvement on FY2C which had
      problems.

      Regards
      Ian.
    • Douglas Deans
      Message 2 of 22 , Dec 3, 2009
        Message 3 of 22 , Dec 19, 2009
          Hi all
          I started getting files like this arriving in my received folder earlier this week: Z_SATE_C_BABJ_20091218090000_0_FY2E_FDI_IR1_001_NOM.HDF
          Presumably these are from the new Chinese satellite? Will there be the facility to decode these with MSG DM at some stage?
          Terry Mullen
        • Ian Deans
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 19, 2009
            Terry the Chinese data has been available for some time now. However in
            November FY2E replaced FY2C and there has been a period of outages while the
            data quality was being monitored.

            The latest Data Manager beta will handle the FY2E data ( V2.5.35.899 )
            although the produced files will still show FY2C.

            Hope that helps.

            Regards
            Ian.

            > I started getting files like this arriving in my received folder earlier
            > this week: Z_SATE_C_BABJ_20091218090000_0_FY2E_FDI_IR1_001_NOM.HDF
            > Presumably these are from the new Chinese satellite? Will there be the
            > facility to decode these with MSG DM at some stage?
            > Terry Mullen

          • terrymullen
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 19, 2009
              Hi Ian
              Thanks for that - I'll give the beta version a try
              Terry Mullen

              --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Deans" <iandeans142@...> wrote:

              > Terry the Chinese data has been available for some time now. However in
              > November FY2E replaced FY2C and there has been a period of outages while the
              > data quality was being monitored.
              >
              > The latest Data Manager beta will handle the FY2E data ( V2.5.35.899 )
              > although the produced files will still show FY2C.
              >
              > Hope that helps.
              >
              > Regards
              > Ian.

            • Ian Deans
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 22, 2009
                I see the missing FY2E image data from this morning ( first data was time
                stamped 12.00 ) is now being sent, but is correctly being "skipped - data
                is older than current data " by Data Manager.

                Ian.
              • Ian Deans
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 25, 2010
                  The above data ( including the associated Met. data ) has been missing since the 23/10/2010.

                  I see that the data has now resumed in the last hour and all the missing Met data since 23/10/2010 has been sent. I am not sure if
                  an attempt will be made to send all the FSD data but unless it is sent in order it will be deleted. Some 05.00 and 07.00 UTC data is
                  in.

                  Regards
                  Ian.