Re: [MSG-1] Satellite Change

  • Alan Sewards
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 22 2:23 AM
      Hi,
      Ian, thank you for your reminder. It is now 0920 UTC and MSG-1 is
      still coming through with nothing on MSG-2. I tried to check on the
      Eumetcast web site but could find no up-to-date news on it (I don't find
      it an easy site to browse). Has the changeover been postponed?

      Best regards - Alan

      Ian Deans wrote:

      > Just a reminder, particularly to those that do not receive direct
      > reports,
      > that Met-9 will take over prime duties again at 09.00 UTC. This will
      > require the Data Manager setting being changed back to MSG-2.
      >
      > The rapid scan service should resume at 11.00 UTC with its Met
      > products up
      > and running by 15.00 UTC.
      >
      > Regards
      > Ian.

    • Ian Deans
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 22 2:35 AM
        I have no idea Alan what has happened. Clearly something has delayed the
        changeover so we will just have to monitor. I will be out for a few hours,
        so it will be afternoon before I get a chance to keep an eye on it.

        I am sure Eumetsat will report soon about the delay, they are very good at
        keeping us all up to date.

        Regards
        Ian.

        > Ian, thank you for your reminder. It is now 0920 UTC and MSG-1 is
        > still coming through with nothing on MSG-2. I tried to check on the
        > Eumetcast web site but could find no up-to-date news on it (I don't find
        > it an easy site to browse). Has the changeover been postponed?
        >
        > Best regards - Alan

      • James Brown
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 22 2:36 AM
          In message <F563D7525E4B4AA494E53B540428B4E7@IanPC>, Ian Deans
          <isdeans1.-_@...> writes
          >Having given the reminder, unfortunately the change over has not taken place
          >at 09.00 UTC. Will just have to monitor.
          >
          >Regards
          >Ian.

          Hi Ian,

          The main files don't seem yet to have the MSG2 stamp, but I do have a
          cluster of MPEF files marked as MSG2 with a time stamp of 0845.

          Cheers
          James
          --
          James Brown
        • Douglas Deans
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 22 2:37 AM
            > Ian, thank you for your reminder. It is now 0920 UTC and MSG-1 is
            > still coming through with nothing on MSG-2. I tried to check on the
            > Eumetcast web site but could find no up-to-date news on it (I don't find
            > it an easy site to browse). Has the changeover been postponed?
            >
            > Best regards - Alan

            Don't think so. I assume it is just the protracted business of changing
            all the file names. There has already been a number of MPEF files with
            MSG-2 in the file name although I now notice some MPEF coming through with
            MSG-1 showing.

            Regards
            Douglas.
          • Giuseppe Cico
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 22 2:44 AM
              On Wed, April 22, 2009 11:37, Douglas Deans wrote:

              > Don't think so. I assume it is just the protracted business of changing
              > all the file names. There has already been a number of MPEF files with
              > MSG-2 in the file name although I now notice some MPEF coming through with
              > MSG-1 showing.
              >
              > Regards
              > Douglas.

              Uhm ... HRV in 9.15 slot looks still from MSG1 remapped to 0 degrees...

              Ciao

              Giuseppe
            • Douglas Deans
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 22 3:05 AM
                > On Wed, April 22, 2009 11:37, Douglas Deans wrote:

                >> Don't think so. I assume it is just the protracted business of changing
                >> all the file names. There has already been a number of MPEF files with
                >> MSG-2 in the file name although I now notice some MPEF coming through
                >> with
                >> MSG-1 showing.
                >>
                >> Regards
                >> Douglas.
                >
                > Uhm ... HRV in 9.15 slot looks still from MSG1 remapped to 0 degrees...
                >
                > Ciao
                >
                > Giuseppe

                Yes that's what I said.
                My 'don't think so' was the answer to have they changed to MSG-2.
                The hold-up may be the work required not only to change satellites but also
                the file names.

                Regards
                Douglas.
              • Alan Banks
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 22 3:22 AM
                  All
                  This from Ops
                  > News information:
                  > The swap of image dissemination from MET-8 to MET-9 which was scheduled for 09:00 UTC today has been postponed by 24 hrs.
                  > Similarly the start of the Rapid Scanning Service has also been postponed by 24 hrs.
                  > This is due to delays in achieving thermal stabilisation on Meteosat-9.

                  Cheers

                  Alan

                  Douglas Deans wrote:

                  > Yes that's what I said.
                  > My 'don't think so' was the answer to have they changed to MSG-2.
                  > The hold-up may be the work required not only to change satellites but also
                  > the file names.
                  >

                  > Regards
                  > Douglas.

                • James Brown
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 23 2:03 AM
                    Looks like a successful changeover

                    James
                    --
                    James Brown
                  • parallel666killer
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 23 3:32 AM
                      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@...> wrote:

                      > Looks like a successful changeover
                      >

                      > James
                      > --
                      > James Brown

                      Yes, I confirm a successful reception of MSG-2 files from 09UTC,
                      after I changed the setting in MSGDM.
                      Now I wait for the RSS at 11UTC... :-)
                    • parallel666killer
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 23 5:12 AM
                        --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "parallel666killer" <parallel666killer@...> wrote:

                        > --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, James Brown <satellite@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Looks like a successful changeover
                        > >

                        > > James
                        > > --
                        > > James Brown
                        > >

                        > Yes, I confirm a successful reception of MSG-2 files from 09UTC,
                        > after I changed the setting in MSGDM.
                        > Now I wait for the RSS at 11UTC... :-)

                        Also RSS from MSG-1 works fine now....
                        So everything seems to be OK.