Missing Segments

  • Ian Deans
    Message 1 of 108 , Feb 1, 2009
      I noticed on checking my computer at about 15.30 UTC that my signal strength
      and quality ( Dexatek Box ) was as low as I have ever seen it.

      I see that I have segment loss on MSG-2 and RSS during the 15.00 UTC cycle,
      so suspect that the signal may have been actually completely out at that
      time.

      The signal has since recovered, although as I write this it is falling fast
      again. Suspect snow in Germany may be the cause.

      I assume others have also seen these losses.

      Regards
      Ian.
      Message 108 of 108 , Jun 17, 2010
        > Thanks David for your reply. I usually do check that site but it was
        > not
        > available at the time I was about to do the mail. There has also been a
        > couple of evenings recently where I could not get through to any of your
        > site that I tried. IE said it was down.
        >
        > I have checked and all is fine now.
        >
        > Regards
        > Ian.

        Thanks for that report, Ian.

        There were some problems at my Web host over the weekend, but all should
        be OK now. I upload that data at 15 minute intervals, and time the
        transfers, partially because there have been various problems in the past
        (some caused by Zone Alarm configuration, I recently discovered). All
        upload times since 17:00 yesterday were nominal.