Re: Experimental monitoring Strength & Quality with the new USB 2.0 boxes

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
      --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

      > Folks,
      >
      > I've managed to write a small program which will allow you monitor
      the
      > Quality and Strength values from a Dexatek or DVB World system.
      There are
      > some early results here:
      >
      > http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_eumetcast-snr.php
      >
      > and the method is described here:
      >
      > http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/Eumetcast.html#USB
      >
      > I hope this will allow those of you who kindly provide signal
      strength
      > monitoring across Europe to continue your service with your new DVB
      World
      > or Dexatek box. For those who may not have already found the page,
      the
      > Europe monitoring is here:
      >
      > http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/EumetcastEurope.html
      >
      > It /is/ experimental, so please let me know how you get on.
      >
      > Cheers,
      > David
      > --

      Hello David

      I want to change the HD of my Receiving PC, so yesterday I installed
      the DVB box on my Processing PC. The results now with a 1 pc are
      better than the previous 2 pc (with possibly bad HD). So today I also
      installed MRTG. This is to let you know that the program and
      procedure on your website immediately worked here.

      Greetings

      Fred
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
        Fred wrote:
        []
        > Hello David
        >
        > I want to change the HD of my Receiving PC, so yesterday I installed
        > the DVB box on my Processing PC. The results now with a 1 pc are
        > better than the previous 2 pc (with possibly bad HD). So today I also
        > installed MRTG. This is to let you know that the program and
        > procedure on your website immediately worked here.
        >
        > Greetings
        >
        > Fred

        Thanks for the report, Fred. It's great to hear of an improvement, and
        you save on one PC as well! The new Dexatek and DVB World USB boxes work
        very well. I see one or two people using the monitoring program, so it's
        looking good.

        By the way, you may want to make the graphs all 500 pixels wide - this
        looks out of step with the others.

        http://www.fredvandenbosch.nl/monitoring/skystar_satellieten_snr.html

        Add something like:

        XSize[skystar_satellieten_snr]: 500

        Web: www.satsignal.eu
        Email: davidtaylor@...
      • Fred
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
          --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

          > Fred wrote:
          > []
          > > Hello David
          > >
          > > I want to change the HD of my Receiving PC, so yesterday I
          installed
          > > the DVB box on my Processing PC. The results now with a 1 pc are
          > > better than the previous 2 pc (with possibly bad HD). So today I
          also
          > > installed MRTG. This is to let you know that the program and
          > > procedure on your website immediately worked here.
          > >
          > > Greetings
          > >
          > > Fred
          >
          > Thanks for the report, Fred. It's great to hear of an improvement,
          and
          > you save on one PC as well! The new Dexatek and DVB World USB
          boxes work
          > very well. I see one or two people using the monitoring program,
          so it's
          > looking good.
          >
          > By the way, you may want to make the graphs all 500 pixels wide -
          this
          > looks out of step with the others.

          http://www.fredvandenbosch.nl/monitoring/skystar_satellieten_snr.html

          > Add something like:
          >
          > XSize[skystar_satellieten_snr]: 500
          >
          > Cheers,
          > David

          Hello David

          Thanks for pointing: I did not noticed it yet. Fixed now.

          Greetings

          Fred
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2009
            Fred wrote:
            []
            > Hello David
            >
            > Thanks for pointing: I did not noticed it yet. Fixed now.
            >
            > Greetings
            >
            > Fred

            Perfect!

            Web: www.satsignal.eu