GRIB-wind component

  • Isidore
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
      Good morning to everybody,

      Is there anybody that can tell me how can i receive

      The winds component of the GRIB viewer.

      Do I have to register to Eumetsat for that service?

      Isidore,Athens

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 3, 2008
        Isidore wrote:
        > Good morning to everybody,
        >
        > Is there anybody that can tell me how can i receive
        >
        > The winds component of the GRIB viewer.
        >
        > Do I have to register to Eumetsat for that service?
        >
        > Isidore,Athens

        Isidore,

        It might be easiest to send an e-mail to EUMETSAT. You don't actually
        mention precisely which winds you are interested in - the AMV (air motion
        vectors) should be automatic, the scatterometer winds you may need to
        apply for.

        Many of the GRIB files (and there are many different sources) include the
        winds as part of a pressure / temperature / humidity / winds data set.
        These are mainly from the DWDSAT service, IIRC. You apply to DWD for that
        service, and it's free as well.