Re: [MSG-1] Indexing service

  • Alan Banks
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
      David J Taylor wrote:
      > seggins2000 wrote:
      >
      >> Good morning all,
      >>
      >> After loss of a lot of Metop segments over night, I happened to notice
      >> the indexing service had reestablished itself on the drive containing
      >> the received folders.
      >>
      > John,
      >
      > The throughput graphs show that /something/ unusual happened last night
      > with Metop-A.

      Hi John and David,
      Just got this from ops messages
      > EPS GDS AVHRR News
      >
      > Issued on 01/09/08 at 04:11:59
      >
      > Seq Nr: 1
      >
      > News information:
      > Metop-A AVHRR data are not available from the instrument sensing time 00:44.
      > Metop-A AVHRR data are not available from the instrument sensing time 00:53.

      Cheers
      Alan

      Database version: 5.10590
      http://www.pctools.com/uk/spyware-doctor-antivirus/
    • Alan Sewards
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
        Hi,
        I had the same set of missing chunks this morning.

        Best regards - Alan

        David J Taylor wrote:

        > <snip>
        >
        > The throughput graphs show that /something/ unusual happened last night
        > with Metop-A.
        >
        > http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_dvb.php
        > <http://www.satsignal.eu/mrtg/performance_dvb.php>
        >
        > I also saw a lot of missing chunks this morning:
        >
        > Date: 2008-Sep-01, day 245
        >
        > Missing Metop global AVHRR chunks
        > 0046 [orbit 09693]
        > 0055 [orbit 09693]
        > 0137 [orbit 09694]
        > 0146 [orbit 09694]
        > 0158 [orbit 09694]
        > 0207 [orbit 09694]
        > 0219 [orbit 09694]
        > 0231 [orbit 09694]
        >
        > It /may/ not be just you, although I would certainly be careful about
        > enabling the indexing service!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > David
        > --
        > SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
        > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu <http://www.satsignal.eu>
        > Email: davidtaylor@... <mailto:davidtaylor%40writeme.com>

      • John Say
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
          Cheers David and two Alans...got the messages too.
          But, as you say, it's a good idea to get rid of the indexing, of course. I think it may have reappeared after the drive was formatted(?)
          John

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2008
            John Say wrote:
            > Cheers David and two Alans...got the messages too.
            > But, as you say, it's a good idea to get rid of the indexing, of course. I think it may have reappeared after the drive was formatted(?)
            > John

            It will be the formatting that did it - takes everything to default
            condition. You are right about the indexing and it is a timely reminder
            for us to check the disks.