MTSAT-1R VIS???

  • geojohnt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
      All,

      Did [do] I have problem today (have been out) and found this evening no VIS
      from MTSAT-1R after the 09:00 GMT slot this morning.

      I was hoping to animate the Chinese end of the eclipse.

      Regards,
      John Tellick.

    • Ian Deans
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
        John the 9.00 UTC visible is the last one available until later this evening
        as that part of the world is in darkness.

        Regards
        Ian.

      • geojohnt@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2008
          isdeans1.-_@... writes:

          John the 9.00 UTC visible is the last one available until later this evening
          as that part of the world is in darkness.

          Hello Ian,

          Do you know I have completely forgotten how frequent MTSAT images are.
          If they are only three hourly then you are right there would only be a bit
          of western VIS (if that) at 12:00 GMT since the 09:00 frame terminator was
          quite a way to the west of centre.

          Regards,
          John.