Failure to delete source files in C:\Tellique\received\

  • David Taylor
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
      Failure to delete source files in C:\Tellique\received\

      Folks, I have received a couple of reports that the files in the
      Tellique directory aren't being deleted, although it seems to be OK
      for most people.

      If you are getting this fault, could you please:

      - ensure that you have the "Delete files from RX box" checked

      - check that the program has delete access to the folder

      - tell me if the deleting used to work OK, and when it stopped
      working

      - list the file names of a few of the files that are not being
      deleted. I want to know if these are normal segment files, MPEF
      data, or ATVOS data.

      Thanks,
      David
    • James Brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2003
        Just to say a huge thanks to David for the latest version of GSS - not
        sure if this note belongs here or in geosatsignal.

        I was so glad I had saved a morning of the 5 minute mini-scans. Awesome
        is about the only word I can use to describe the feeling I had when I
        looked at the clouds lazily building and moving across the African
        interior. In a way it was quite an emotional moment to look at the
        beauty of our planet in such detail and with such frequent frame
        updates.

        It shows again what amazing possibilities MSG-1 is capable of, and
        thanks to EUMETSAT for the trial.

        James
        --
        James Brown
      • James Brown
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 15, 2003
          I expect we've all received the pdf version by now - there's so much
          good news there on the satellite front isn't there? Here's three snips:

          1. As John indicated private individuals receiving data for non-profit
          making reasons are classified with the educational group.

          2. Eumetcast is now established as the baseline distribution service for
          Meteosat 8 AND subsequent spacecraft.

          3. A full compliment of IODS products is to be broadcast in the first
          quarter of 2004.

          Many thanks to EUMETSAT for these and other opportunities now open to
          us.

          James
          --
          James Brown