64bit Operating Systems and Eumetcast capture

  • Brian Davis
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      Hi David,

      I can make everything work in XP64 except the EKU, so if you know of a
      source of drivers for this would be grateful.

      I've given up asking Ops for any news of drivers for EKU.... after the
      Darmstadt vist was hopeful but seems to have gone quiet again.

      Haven't tried Vista at all in either 32 or 64bit, for capture, as it
      has so many issues of it's own....

      Cheers
      Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
        Brian Davis wrote:
        > Hi David,
        >
        > I can make everything work in XP64 except the EKU, so if you know of a
        > source of drivers for this would be grateful.
        >
        > I've given up asking Ops for any news of drivers for EKU.... after the
        > Darmstadt vist was hopeful but seems to have gone quiet again.
        >
        > Haven't tried Vista at all in either 32 or 64bit, for capture, as it
        > has so many issues of it's own....
        >
        > Cheers
        > Brian

        Brian,

        I understand that there is a 64-bit version of the eToken software now
        available from EUMETSAT. I have one Vista system here working fine with
        simultaneous capture and processing, running from a USB DVB box, and I
        have seen or heard reports of other working systems as well. By working,
        I mean /without/ significant segment loss!

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2007
          Brian Davis wrote:
          > Hi David,
          >
          > I can make everything work in XP64 except the EKU, so if you know of a
          > source of drivers for this would be grateful.
          >
          > I've given up asking Ops for any news of drivers for EKU.... after the
          > Darmstadt vist was hopeful but seems to have gone quiet again.
          >
          > Haven't tried Vista at all in either 32 or 64bit, for capture, as it
          > has so many issues of it's own....
          >
          > Cheers
          > Brian

          Brian,

          I can now confirm that the eToken drivers version 4.5 from EUMETSAT work
          correctly under 64-bit Vista. I have a DVB USB box working, however I
          haven't yet installed a RAMdisk or other software - that can come later.