R: R: [MSG-1] Vista

  • Pietro Occhi
    Message 1 of 24 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear Arne

      My Eumetcats client shows: 2.4.4a. For the firewall problem: I tried also to
      shutdown all the Vista firewall (for Public, Private and Domain net) but
      nothing to do. I wrote to Eumetcast and them suggested to me to reconfigure
      my proxy server setting, but the proxy is off, and so I haven't an idea.
      Someone have my same problem?
      Thank you all

      Pietro

      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 6, 2008
        I have installed the DVBWorld and T-Systems setup 244a into a high spec
        Laptop for test as the receiving PC
        Signal strength GOOD
        In HTML Shell:
        TSL Announcement Receved bytes OK
        Data Channel star showing red Connecting on the channels but does not
        change to the green Active.

        Has anyone any suguestions ?

        No problem with the other OLD XP Pro receive PC.

        Peter.
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 6, 2008
          Peter Burden wrote:
          > I have installed the DVBWorld and T-Systems setup 244a into a high
          > spec Laptop for test as the receiving PC
          > Signal strength GOOD
          > In HTML Shell:
          > TSL Announcement Receved bytes OK
          > Data Channel star showing red Connecting on the channels but does not
          > change to the green Active.
          >
          > Has anyone any suguestions ?
          >
          > No problem with the other OLD XP Pro receive PC.
          >
          > Peter.

          Peter,

          eToken installed and working?

          PIDs correctly set?

          Anything interesting in the TelliCast log file?

          Route command set?

        • Peter Burden
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 6, 2008
            --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

            >David wrote
            >
            > Peter,
            >
            > eToken installed and working?
            >
            > PIDs correctly set?
            >
            > Anything interesting in the TelliCast log file?
            >
            > Route command set?

            David,

            etoken, PID,s OK and Ipv4 set as the T-System recv.ini
            The received folder has not been initialised but no Channels are
            being receive.
            In the Tellicast log file all looks OK except that it states that the
            files are lost after each connect.

            Lovely sunny day with temp 52F here so off for my coastal scramble to
            refresh my brain.

            Thanks David.

            Peter.

            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 6, 2008
              Peter Burden wrote:
              []
              > David,
              >
              > etoken, PID,s OK and Ipv4 set as the T-System recv.ini
              > The received folder has not been initialised but no Channels are
              > being receive.
              > In the Tellicast log file all looks OK except that it states that the
              > files are lost after each connect.
              >
              > Lovely sunny day with temp 52F here so off for my coastal scramble to
              > refresh my brain.
              >
              > Thanks David.
              >
              > Peter.

              That's a big clue from the log file! I still wonder about the Route
              command:

              http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/ip-address.html#route

              although I'm not sure that's the issue. Check it when you return - a
              lovely day here in Edinburgh - 2.7C, though.

            • a_van_belle
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 7, 2008
                Hello Peter,

                Does this "files are lost after each connect" repeat many times or
                just occasional ?
                Due to data with higher priority it is quite normal to see files
                interrupted/lost once a while.

                Problem with Vista is that you better not install T-Systems under
                c:\Program Files as Vista hides the received data folders !
                Better install under C:\Ecast or something like that.

                Greetings,
                Arne van Belle

                --- In MSG-1@yahoogroups.com, "David J Taylor" <gm8arv@...> wrote:

                > Peter Burden wrote:
                > []
                > > David,
                > >
                > > etoken, PID,s OK and Ipv4 set as the T-System recv.ini
                > > The received folder has not been initialised but no Channels are
                > > being receive.
                > > In the Tellicast log file all looks OK except that it states that the
                > > files are lost after each connect.
                > >
                > > Lovely sunny day with temp 52F here so off for my coastal scramble to
                > > refresh my brain.
                > >
                > > Thanks David.
                > >
                > > Peter.
                >
                > That's a big clue from the log file! I still wonder about the Route
                > command:
                >
                > http://www.satsignal.eu/wxsat/Dexatek/ip-address.html#route
                >
                > although I'm not sure that's the issue. Check it when you return - a
                > lovely day here in Edinburgh - 2.7C, though.
                >
                > Cheers,
                > David
                > --
                > SatSignal software - quality software written to your requirements
                > Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
                > Email: davidtaylor@...

              • Peter Burden
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 8, 2008

                  Hello Arne and David,

                  I have resolved the problem, it was my BT router causing the problem.
                  The network is wired to a Netgear switch and FVS318.
                  When I disable the Local Area Connection to BT Hub it was OK.
                  BUT having just done that and enabled the connection again' ALL was
                  OK.
                  The mind boggles.

                  The Acer Laptop has 2 SATA hard drives and T-System and DVBworld is
                  setup on the second hard drive.
                  It was easy to network to the PUBLIC and User files but took me ages
                  to configure to D:\T-Systems. XP Pro was easy but it looks as if
                  this Laptop is much better.

                  Thank you,

                  Peter.