      From: Alan Sewards
      Sent: Monday, March 24, 2014 10:49 AM
      To: MSG-1@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MSG-1] Re: TBS-6925

      It is beginning to look as though there are two distinct versions of
      the TBS6925 card in circulation, one using the Conexant PCIe bridge and
      the other a Philips chip. What other differences may exist we don't
      know. It seems that the two versions have quite distinct performances
      with the current Eumetcast DVB-S signal and different software drivers
      also in circulation. I doubt that the manufacturer will keep two cards
      in production for the same market, so at some stage I expect the design
      to be frozen. As for the USB boxes, I'm sure they use the same
      technology as the card and will have similar performance and drivers
      plus the additional USB stuff and possibly performance hits due to the
      USB - again, a design change is on the cards. It makes it all very
      confusing for anyone trying to plan ahead!

      Best regards - Alan S
    • Show all 57 messages in this topic