17076Re: [MSG-1] MSG Admin messages

    Mar 12, 2014
      Hi All
      This came up on the EUMETSAT RSS feed.
      > http://www.eumetsat.int/website/home/News/DAT_2107074.html?lang=EN
      The item is dated 26th Feb but this is the first time I've seen it.
      from 3rd April
      The MSG Administration Messages sent via EUMETCast, Direct
      Dissemination, email and issued via the User Notification Service will
      no longer be available.

      Cheers
      Alan
      =======================================

      Alan and everyone,

      Thanks for drawing users attention to this. I am not happy that e-mail
      messages are being withdrawn, as if your EUMETCast system is down there will
      be no way to get notifications! I am also unhappy that the daily summary is
      being withdrawn, and just the individual news items are left. If you are
      unhappy with these changes, do write to Ops@... as soon as
      possible. I do feel strongly that an e-mail service should be left.
      Perhaps the notice isn't clear enough?

      There is a beta of the MSG Data Manager which handles these new format
      messages now available, and I hope to update GeoSatSignal so that it
      displays them as well.