92Fwd: Back-to-School Supplies Giveaway 2010 - Coming to a neighborhood near you!

  • Anas
    Jul 13, 2010

      Back-to-School Giveaway
      ICNA NY
      Back-to-School Giveaway 2010
      Assalaamu Alaikum

      In the month of August 2010, the New York Chapter of ICNA, the Islamic Circle of North America, is organizing a large scale Back-to-School Giveaway Project.

      This outreach campaign will done in needy areas across the New York Metropolitan area, including Bronx, Brooklyn, Long Island, Manhattan, Queens, Staten Island and Westchester.

      At each of these Back-to-School Giveaway programs, hundreds of needy families will be given free school bags filled with school supplies, serving around 3,500 children from needy households. These programs are aimed to serve those who are in need, no matter their race, religion or gender. Three thousand five hundred kids will take home school bags filled with notebooks, pencils, pens, pencil sharpeners, crayons, markers, scissors, and erasers. Families are also encouraged to learn more about our Islamic faith, by offering free brochures from our 877-Why-Islam project.

      The Back-to-School Giveaway Project is an embodiment of the teachings of Islam, which emphasizes many times the care we must have for our neighbors.

      Our Creator, Allah (SWT) says in the Qur'an "Worship Allah and join none with Him in worship, and do good to parents, kinsfolk, orphans, the poor, the neighbor who is near of kin, the neighbor who is a stranger..."

      The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said "Angel Gabriel continued to advise me (to be good to my) neighbor, until I thought that he was going to make him an inheritor (of a person's estate)."

      View Photos From Last Year
      Back-to-School GiveawayIn 2009, ICNA NY gave out 400 school bags in the South Yonkers community. Over 700 people attended the giveaway, many from low income homes. Click on the left picture to view some of the photo's from last year.

      Sponsor a child's school bag and supplies today for only Seven Dollars!

      All Donations are Tax Deductible!

      May Allah reward you with good,

      ICNA NY Outreach Team

      ICNA NY | 166-26 89th Ave | Jamaica | NY | 11432