Robbery Apprehension PSA 702 2/21/13 RBU

  • Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 21, 2013
      Hello

      On Thursday, February 21, 2013, members were dispatched to the 2400 block of Hartford Street, SE, for an Assault With Intent to Rob.

      Once members arrived on the scene, our victim conveyed he was walking down the street when he noticed two males walking behind him. When the male suspects approached him, one of them punched him in the face with a closed fist and rifled through his pockets. When the male suspect discovered the victim did not have anything of value, he walked away and referenced "you don't have nothing in your pockets."

      The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

      RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

      The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

      Officer David Dalencour
      Officer Roy E. Thomas

      Sent from my iPad

      Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
      Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.
    • Shontell
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 21, 2013

        Excellent job MPD. We must put an end to all this violience

        "Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)" <mustafa.haamid@...> wrote:

        >Hello
        >
        >On Thursday, February 21, 2013, members were dispatched to the 2400 block of Hartford Street, SE, for an Assault With Intent to Rob.
        >
        >Once members arrived on the scene, our victim conveyed he was walking down the street when he noticed two males walking behind him.  When the male suspects approached him, one of them punched him in the face with a closed fist and rifled through his pockets.  When the male suspect discovered the victim did not have anything of value, he walked away and referenced "you don't have nothing in your pockets."
        >
        >The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking.  They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave.  Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.
        >
        >RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.
        >
        >The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:
        >
        >Officer David Dalencour
        >Officer Roy E. Thomas
        >

        >Sent from my iPad
        >
        >Grade.DC.gov has expanded again!  Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
        >Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

        Hello

        On Thursday, February 21, 2013, members were dispatched to the 2400 block of Hartford Street, SE, for an Assault With Intent to Rob.

        Once members arrived on the scene, our victim conveyed he was walking down the street when he noticed two males walking behind him. When the male suspects approached him, one of them punched him in the face with a closed fist and rifled through his pockets. When the male suspect discovered the victim did not have anything of value, he walked away and referenced "you don't have nothing in your pockets."

        The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

        RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

        The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

        Officer David Dalencour
        Officer Roy E. Thomas

        Sent from my iPad

        Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
        Visit www.Grade.DC.gov today to log your feedback on any of 15 D.C. Government agencies.

      • Jason Lewis
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 21, 2013
          Great job!

          Will anything be done about the open drug market on w street 16th and 17th block ?

          Sent from my iPhone

          Message 4 of 19 , Mar 1, 2013
            Hello

            In response to your request regarding eradicating drug sales in the 1600 block of W Street, SE, members of the Seventh District Vice unit conducted a narcotic investigation into this matter.

            Today, Vice was able to make an arrest in the 1600 block of W Street, for Possession With Intent Distribute Marijuana. The defendant was found to be in possession of a quarter pound of marijuana.

            According to the defendant's address, he does not live in this community. Officers will be seeking a Stay Away Order to prevent him from visiting this neighborhood in the future. This will only apply if he is not detained tomorrow. Based on his conditions of release, he violated his probation, which in most cases means he will be held pending trial.

            His arrest record shows numerous narcotic violations within a 2-3 block radius of the 1600 block of W Street, SE.  Most recently, on January 4th, 2013, in the 2200 block of 16th Street, SE,  he was arrested for Possession With Intent to Distribute Crack Cocaine. This case is still pending trial.

            Vice will continue to monitor this location and provide citizens with relief through narcotic investigations. Thank you.

            Sent from my iPad

            On Feb 22, 2013, at 8:05 AM, "Jason Lewis" <jlewisedu@...> wrote:

> [...]

            The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

            RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

            The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

            Officer David Dalencour
            Officer Roy E. Thomas

            Sent from my iPad

            Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

          • la Shawn Williams
            Message 5 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
              great job!!

              La Shawn Williams

              "When someone shows you who they really are believe them the first time"

              On Mar 1, 2013, at 8:27 PM, "Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)" <mustafa.haamid@...> wrote:

> [...]

              The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

              RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

              The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

              Officer David Dalencour
              Officer Roy E. Thomas

              Sent from my iPad

              Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

            • Brian Muller
              Message 6 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
                How about at the corner of Talbert and MLK? There is always a lot of drug activity there.

                Sent from my iPhone

> [...]

                The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

                RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

                The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

                Officer David Dalencour
                Officer Roy E. Thomas

                Sent from my iPad

                Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

              • Evgeni Dobrev
                Message 7 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
                  I Agree. that corner on MLK and Talbert has a liquor store and another store which have to be closed. They are right next to the school and do not scream safety.

                  Can we do something about those to be shut down?

                  Evgeni

                  Message 8 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
                    I will ensure we put this on our radar. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Mar 2, 2013
                      In response to your concerns, Vice responded to King and Talbert and arrested a subject for Fugitive from Justice.  In the next few weeks you should see a significant decrease in drugs sells and pedestrian traffic. We have an aggressive motor tac unit that will deal with your order maintenance issues. Vice will handle your drug complaints. Lieutenant Aragona will brief his officers and provide omni presence to maintain order.

                      If you would like to speak with me in detail regarding narcotic trafficking, email me directly. I have cc'd Lieutenant Aragona who is the PSA manager for this area.  Thank  you

                      Sent from my iPad

                      Message 10 of 19 , Mar 3, 2013
                        Awesome job! Thanks!

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013
                          Good morning,
                          I wanted to personally thank the 7D police team for showing such great determination towards eradicating criminal activity on W street SE. Over the weekend, your presence on the 16th and 17th block helped lift the constant open-air drug market and loitering that often happens in that location.  Hopefully this will continue, and you have my personal guarantee and the support of the community towards improving South East.
                          Thank you again,
                          Jason Lewis

> [...]

                          The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

                          RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

                          The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

                          Officer David Dalencour
                          Officer Roy E. Thomas

                          Sent from my iPad

                          Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.
                        • Hoey, Robin (MPD)
                          Message 12 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013

                            Thanks Jason  our commitment is to eradicate the crime in these areas.

                            www.taxpayerservicecenter.com.

> [...]

                            The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

                            RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

                            The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

                            Officer David Dalencour
                            Officer Roy E. Thomas

                            Sent from my iPad

                            Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

                          • Linda Mercado Greene
                            Message 13 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013
                              Thank you, Commander. Please keep an eye on my corner, 14th & W St SE. There has been increased daytime activity by the "older" ones... Mostly daytime hours.
                              Linda Greene

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Linda Mercado Greene
                              President and CEO
                              The Linda Greene Group, Inc.
                              202-406-0200

                              Message 14 of 19 , Mar 18, 2013

                                We certainly will. thanks

                                Thank you, Commander. Please keep an eye on my corner, 14th & W St SE. There has been increased daytime activity by the "older" ones... Mostly daytime hours.

                                Linda Greene

                                Sent from my iPhone

                                Linda Mercado Greene

                                President and CEO

                                The Linda Greene Group, Inc.

                                202-406-0200

                                On Mar 18, 2013, at 8:46 AM, "Hoey, Robin (MPD)" <robin.hoey@...> wrote:

                                Thanks Jason  our commitment is to eradicate the crime in these areas.

                                For more information, contact the OTR Customer Service Center at
                                (202) 727-4TAX or visit

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Nov 11, 2013
                                      What's happening

                                      Sent from my iPhone

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Nov 11, 2013
                                        We are pushing strongly on w street and 16th.  Is there something in particular Jason?

                                        Sent from my iPhone

                                        On Nov 11, 2013, at 6:55 PM, "Jason Lewis" <jlewisedu@...> wrote:

                                        What's happening

                                        Sent from my iPhone

> [...]

                                        The Robbery Burglary Unit (RBU) knew the suspect couldn't have gotten that far by walking. They canvassed the next block and located a suspect that matched the description our victim gave. Subsequently, he was identified as the one who assaulted and attempted to rob the complainant.

                                        RBU's keen awareness in locating the suspect prevented him from escaping as well as not given him an opportunity to harm someone else.

                                        The below officers played a major role in this apprehension:

                                        Officer David Dalencour
                                        Officer Roy E. Thomas

                                        Sent from my iPad

                                        Grade.DC.gov has expanded again! Check out which five additional agencies can now be rated.

                                        Each

                                        One Give One!
                                        Help the DC ONE FUND reach our One City DC One Fund goal of $1 million dollars to provide much needed support to so many in our region.  Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov

                                      • Minisha Hicks
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Nov 12, 2013
                                          Commander Hoey-

                                          I'm so pleased to hear that something continues to be done about 16 and W. Hopefully, this latest push will lead to a sustained change. Thank you and 7D for all your efforts.

                                          Regards,

                                          Minisha C. Hicks