Shooting

  • Eze Wosu
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2008

      Hi,

      Can someone please detail the shooting last night on 22nd street. I live on 21st and heard a multitude of shots fired. By the time I reached my window, I noticed that MPD was already present. Was it an MPD officer that fired the shots or did they arrive quickly after the shots had already been fired? I also noticed police tape in my neighbors backyard. Did the incident extend to the homes on 21st?

      I would appreciate any information you may be able to give.

    • byronb.hope
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
        On August 29, 2010, at approximately 0300 hours, Seventh District units responded to the 2600 block of Bowen Road Southeast. Upon arriving on the scene, they found three shhoting victims. Victim 1 was grazed in the leg. Victim 2 was shot in the foot. Victim 3 was shot in the left leg. All victims are conscious at the time that they were found and transported to area hospitals.
      • anthonymuhammad
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 5, 2014
          Can someone tell me what is over 35 youth doing, why do I here gun shot at the Ainger & Alabama Ave. SE.  WILL SOME TELL ME

          Ant Muhammad Chair 8E
          NOISPRM 202-359-3517
          1310 SOUTHERN AV.SE  S.47
          W.       DC.      20020

        • Roberts Gregg
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2014
          This is what happen last night
          image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Apr 5, 2014, at 8:59 PM, anthonymuhammad <anthonymuhammad@...> wrote:

          Can someone tell me what is over 35 youth doing, why do I here gun shot at the Ainger & Alabama Ave. SE.  WILL SOME TELL ME

          Ant Muhammad Chair 8E
          NOISPRM 202-359-3517
          1310 SOUTHERN AV.SE  S.47
          W.       DC.      20020

        • Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)
          Message 5 of 8 , Apr 6, 2014
            Hello

            Several youths were involved in a large altercation; they were immediately dispersed by MPD members. Some of the youths were arrested for Disorderly Affray.  During melee, we discovered one of the kids (15-17 yrs old)  had been stabbed and sustained superficial wounds.

            7D Crime Suppression Unit was able to arrest one subject who claimed he had just left the aforementioned scene. This individual was in possession of a handgun. Also, 7D Curfew Officers responded and cited several violators.

            It is important to note, some of these kids were extremely young and parental supervision is a must when it comes to the protection of our youth. Being outside that time of night is a concern of ours.

            Gunshots were heard several blocks away, unknown at this time if it was related to this incident because of the distance.

            Parents, please monitor your kid's email accounts, Facebook, text messages, etc. If you need help, we have a small but effective outreach unit that could assist with mentorship and guidance. Thank you

            Lieutenant Mustafa Haamid

            Vice/Specialized Mission Units (SMU)

            Seventh District

            Office# (202) 698-1335

            cid:image008.jpg@01C99C65.73267560

            Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

            April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
            Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
            It’s free, 100% private and secure.

            Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2014
              Thanks for keeping us posted. We were very concerned and had no idea of what happened.

              Very unfortunately, I don't think this message will get to the irresponsible parents of those kids. They may not be interested in knowing or caring about their own kids if they are already allowing them to be out and behave that way... A different strategy and repercussions need to be in place for them if we want to see positive changes on the streets and most importantly on youth.
              Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

              From: "Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)" <mustafa.haamid@...>
              Sender: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2014 19:40:47 -0400
              To: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com<MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com>
              ReplyTo: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: RE: [MPD-7D] Shooting

              Message 7 of 8 , Apr 7, 2014
              What do you suggest?

              Message 8 of 8 , Apr 8, 2014
                I have suggested many things actually and I think I am doing my part in staying actively engaged and help the community and police whenever possible.

                My point goes more to the fact that for many crucial things, we are not decision makers. Neither for those kids/young adults nor for the regulations that need to be implemented or the accountability of the DC offices that should be actively engaged and showing results.