Reminder - MPD Participates in National Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative
- Contact: Police Officer Araz Alali (202-727-4383)
MPD Participates in National Prescription Drug Take Back Initiative
(Washington, DC) The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) has scheduled another National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day which will take place on Saturday, April 26 2014, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Metropolitan Police Department is providing the public with a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs, to reduce the potential abuse of medications. We urge the community to take advantage of this opportunity to discard unwanted, unused, and expired prescription drugs from medicine cabinets, bedside tables, and kitchen drawers.
Last October, Americans turned in 324 tons (over 647,000 pounds) of prescription drugs at over 4,114 sites operated by the DEA and its thousands of state and local law enforcement partners. When those results are combined with what was collected in its seven previous Take Back events, DEA and its partners have taken in over 3.4 million pounds—more than 1,700 tons—of pills.
For more information, please visit: http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/index.html
Prescription medications will be accepted at the following locations:
- First District Station -101 M Street SW
- First District Sub Station - 500 E Street SE
- Second District Station -3320 Idaho Avenue NW
- Third District Station - 1620 V Street NW
- Fourth District Station - 6001 Georgia Avenue NW
- Fourth District Sub Station - 750 Park Road NW
- Fifth District Station - 1805 Bladensburg Road NE
- Sixth District Station - 100 42nd Street NE
- Seventh District Station - 2455 Alabama Avenue SE
- Wisconsin Baptist Church - 3920 Alton Place NW
April is National Financial Capability Month!
Evaluate your financial well-being with a free personal financial health assessment provided by the D.C. Dept. of Insurance, Securities and Banking.