Thanks for the patrol cars at Howard Road and Hunter Place

  • daplushman
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 12, 2014
      It's nice and quiet throughout the neighborhood.....

      WP

      Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.
    • Hoey, Robin (MPD)
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 12, 2014
        Welcome

        Sent from my iPhone

        On Apr 12, 2014, at 9:30 PM, "daplushman" <daplushman@...> wrote:

        It's nice and quiet throughout the neighborhood.....

        WP

        Sent on the new Sprint Network from my Samsung Galaxy S®4.

        April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
        Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
        It’s free, 100% private and secure.

      • Mary Buckley
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 14, 2014
          Commander Hoey,
          I must state that I'm happy to see shooting abatement in some parts of SE. However, that is not so at 16th & V Streets. Since yesterday evening, 4/13/14, yes, Palm Sunday, a female was shot as she stood in that vicinity speaking with other young men. Of course this is the same area where a young man was killed on April 8, 2014.
          There are elderly residents living in single family detached homes between 16th-15th Streets on V (1500) block that are afraid to sit on their porches on beautiful days because of the drive by shootings in area. Anyone can become a victim in such situations. This is a very active crime ridden (shooters') area & I believe one way some of this can be solved is to implement an enforcement policy - such as in Trinidad - where if you don't live there, you can't loiter there; ask for i.D. & send  them away. Constitutional rights are yelled about, but non-criminal have rights also. Extreme times calls for extreme measures & SE residents have to ban & support extreme measures to rid these shootings. Prohibiting guns from non-criminals have not abated the shootings in SE. I'm afraid to walk on Good Hope between 16th -MLK because of the congregants of unsavory characters along those blocks...just hanging out! Some months ago, a bullet landed in my roof.
          Commander Hoey, what is the condition of the lady shot? Have you any suspects in custody yet?
          Mary Buckley - Ward 8 Good Hope Road