Gunshoots - about 10 just 5' ago around 9:45pm near Stanton and Bowen.

  • lufego1
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 10, 2014
      Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    • Hoey, Robin (MPD)
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 10, 2014
        thank you and we are responding to this. thanks

        Commander Robin Hoey
        Metropolitan Police Department
        Seventh District
        2455 Alabama Avenue S.E.
        Washington D.C.
        Office 202-698 1400

        On 10 apr. 2014, at 09:58 PM, "lufego1@..." <lufego1@...> wrote:

        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

        April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
        Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
        It’s free, 100% private and secure.

      • Hope, Byron B. (MPD)
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2014

          Good evening and yes, there was a sound of gunshots in the area. We have units on the scene now who have located several shell casings but it does not look like we have any victims. If there is any further information we will provide it to all.

          Captain Byron B. Hope

          Assistant District Commander

          Seventh Police District

          2455 Alabama Avenue Southeast

          Washington DC , 20020

          Cell # 202-327-4745

          FAX 202-645-0020

          e-mail: byronb.hope@...

          PSAs 703, 705, and 707

          Proudly Serving Since 1988

          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

          Edmund Burke

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 10, 2014
              Hello

              This evening members of the Seventh District Vice Unit responded to sounds of gunshots in the 3800 block of Stanton Rd. When units arrived on the scene, several shell casings were located. Vice obtained information regarding the whereabouts of the possible shooters. All intelligence lead to a particular apartment. Members were able to gain entry and discovered two males hiding in the bedroom. A sweep search was conducted for a safety which lead to the recovery of a Revolver, BB gun, and a substantial amount of marijuana. The two suspects were immediately arrested and transported to the Seventh District to be processed.

              Also, during the early part of the tour, Vice members conducted a sweep for weapons throughout the 1400 block of Bangor. This technique lead to a shotgun recovery. No arrest was made however, we are waiting for a forensic examination to determine ownership or who had the weapon in their possession.

              I would also like to thank the MPD members for managing the scene in the 3800 block of Stanton Rd. Special thanks to:

              Sergeant O'Harron
              Officer Marcus Stevens
              Officer Andrew Turner
              Officer James Craig
              Officer Timothy Ignas

              Great Team Work!!!

              As always, be safe. I know that we are committed to providing safe neighborhoods. Thank you all

              Lieutenant Mustafa Haamid
              Vice/Specialized Mission Units (SMU)
              Seventh District
              Office# (202) 698-1335

              Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal. ~Henry Ford

              April is National 9-1-1 Education Month! Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com <http://www.smart911.com>. It's free, 100% private and secure.
            • Derek24260@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 10, 2014
                Lt.
                You and the men in your squad are the bomb. Most of all be safe.

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 11, 2014
                  Thank you very much! This is great news!!! We really appreciate your actions and diligence 7D officers.

                  Just to clarify, this is different from the (about 10 gunshots heard at approx. 9:45pm near Stanton Rd and Bryan (2700 Stanton) where shells were found as well. correct?
                  Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

                  From: "Haamid, Mustafa (MPD)" <mustafa.haamid@...>
                  Sender: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 22:56:54 -0400