FW: Person of Interest Sought in a Bank Robbery: 900 Block of I Street, NW

  • Press, MPD (MPD)
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 2 6:38 AM

      Contact: Officer Paul Metcalf (202-727-4383)

      April 2, 2014

      Person of Interest Sought in a Bank Robbery: 900 Block of I Street, NW

      (Washington, DC) –The Metropolitan Police Department is seeking the public's assistance in identifying a person of interest in reference to a Bank Robbery which occurred at the TD Bank, located in the 900 block of I Street, NW, on Tuesday, April 1, 2014, at approximately 11:05 am.

      The suspect is described as a black male in his early 40’s, 5’4” to 5’7” in height, medium to dark complexion, and light brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a black ski mask with just eyes exposed, black hooded sweat shirt with front zipper and hood over his head, black knit gloves with pink stripes across the hand, carrying a black shoulder bag.  Suspect was last seen walking east on I street from 901 I Street and south on 6th Street, NW.

      Anyone who has information regarding this case should call police at 202-727-9099.  Additionally, information may be submitted to the TEXT TIP LINE by text messaging 50411The Metropolitan Police Department offers a reward of up to $5,000 to anyone who provides information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for any robbery committed in the District of Columbia.

      Have questions about your new Supercan, trash can or larger recycling bin? Check out this helpful FAQ from the Department of Public Works.

    • Joanwhite214@verizon.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 2 6:41 PM
        I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

      • Shameka Jones
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 2 6:47 PM
          Please report. That happened to me as well on 36th Street NE some time back

          Sent from my Cricket smartphone

        • Derek24260@...
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 2 6:54 PM
            Yes!!!!!!
            Please report. That happened to me as well on 36th Street NE some time back

            Sent from my Cricket smartphone

            I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.
          • Jason Lewis
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 2 6:56 PM
              Yes call it in please ...

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Apr 2, 2014, at 9:47 PM, Shameka Jones <sjones@...> wrote:

              Please report. That happened to me as well on 36th Street NE some time back

              Sent from my Cricket smartphone

              I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

            • Jason Lewis

                I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

              • Mary Buckley
                Message 7 of 19 , Apr 3 6:49 AM
                  Thanks for the warning.
                  This is interesting, may I ask what make of car do you have? I've heard of people doing this for high end, but not American made cars, because they want it for parts.
                  Message 8 of 19 , Apr 3 7:10 AM
                    Mercedes

                    Sent from Joan's iPhone 5

                    On Apr 3, 2014, at 9:49 AM, Mary Buckley <syvelda2006@...> wrote:

                    Thanks for the warning.
                    This is interesting, may I ask what make of car do you have? I've heard of people doing this for high end, but not American made cars, because they want it for parts.
                    I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

                  • Cherie Jacobs
                    Message 9 of 19 , Apr 4 6:49 AM
                      On Monday afternoon I had a white tow truck on my street to do the same thing. when I came outside my door, he was speeding off with my neighbor's car. It was a older model vehicle but it was a luxury car.  I didn't get the tag number because I thought it was a genuine repo. Now I am having second thoughts. I just didn't know at first.

                      Cherie Jacobs

                      Please report. That happened to me as well on 36th Street NE some time back

                      Sent from my Cricket smartphone

                      I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

                    • Randi Kristensen
                      Message 10 of 19 , Apr 4 7:03 AM
                        Sounds like this needs to get on the news....

                        Message 11 of 19 , Apr 4 7:38 AM
                          all thanks for posting on this. 7th District Auto Theft and patrol units are currently looking for this tow truck. If you see if, please call immediately.

                          Commander Robin Hoey
                          Metropolitan Police Department
                          Seventh District
                          2455 Alabama Avenue S.E.
                          Washington D.C.
                          Office 202-698 1400

                          Message 12 of 19 , Apr 4 10:09 AM
                            I alerted my neighbors yesterday. Ms. Jacobs what area do you live in so I can report what area the person was last seen?

                            To: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com
                            From: msjacobs2002@...
                            Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 06:49:05 -0700

                            Message 13 of 19 , Apr 4 11:05 AM

                              Good afternoon Seventh District Community,

                              We are currently investigating all reports concerning this and any tow truck(s) that raise suspicion in our community. Additionally, it is important when suspicious activity such as this occurs you call 911 immediately so we can respond, investigate and apprehend possible violators of the law. Please also note that the Seventh District has not had reported a stolen auto in over 3 days. Moreover, thank you your continued cooperation and team work with us.

                              Victor V. Brito

                              Assistant District Commander
                              Seventh District
                              2455 Alabama Ave. SE
                              Washington , DC 20020
                              Office (202) 698-1407
                              Fax    (202) 645-0020
                              e-mail
                              victor.brito@...

                              Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and contains information which may be confidential, law enforcement sensitive, legally privileged, proprietary in nature, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure. If you received this message in error, you are hereby notified that reading, sharing, copying, or distributing this message, or its contents, is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please telephone or reply to me immediately and delete all copies of the message.

                              To: MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com
                              From: msjacobs2002@...
                              Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 06:49:05 -0700

                              On Monday afternoon I had a white tow truck on my street to do the same thing. when I came outside my door, he was speeding off with my neighbor's car. It was a older model vehicle but it was a luxury car.  I didn't get the tag number because I thought it was a genuine repo. Now I am having second thoughts. I just didn't know at first.

                              Cherie Jacobs

                              Please report. That happened to me as well on 36th Street NE some time back

                              Sent from my Cricket smartphone

                              I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

                            • L. Yvonne Moore
                              Message 14 of 19 , Apr 7 2:38 PM
                                saw a white tow truck over at Marbury Plaza today
                                L Yvonne Moore
                                lmoore6577@...

                                I just had a run in with a black male who backed a white tow truck up to my car and attempted to tow it/steal it. I asked him what did he think he was doing he literally ran and jumped in the tow truck and left. This may be a crazy question but should I report this? He was unsuccessful in stealing my car at 24th and Alabama Ave.

                                April is National 9-1-1 Education Month!
                                Create a Safety Profile for your household at Smart911.com.
                                Itx2019;s free, 100% private and secure.

                              • Parsons, Leslie (MPD)
                                Message 15 of 19 , Apr 7 3:53 PM

                                  Good Evening All,

                                  I wanted to let you know we followed up on the message posted about the white tow truck at Marbury Plaza. Seventh District Units canvassed the area. The truck was gone upon our arrival. Seventh District members are aware of this tow truck and we are actively investigating this matter using all of the information you have provided to us. I would encourage anyone who sees a suspicious tow truck (or anything suspicious that requires police attention) to immediately call 9-1-1.

                                  Please be safe!!!

                                  Lieutenant Leslie A. Parsons

                                  Seventh District

                                    Message 17 of 19 , Apr 7 5:53 PM
                                      If you observe any tow truck that seems suspicious or involved in any suspicious activity, regardless of the color of the truck, please call 9-1-1 so our units can quickly investigate the matter.

                                      Thanks.

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Apr 8 10:30 PM
                                        Sorry, did the tow truck have the word "Legacy" on the door? I saw one headed down Alabama Avenue towards MLK at around 4:45 this afternoon (sorry, first chance I've had to respond to this thread) towing a white custom van.
                                        Best,
                                        Alice
                                      • Hoey, Robin (MPD)