      From: Haamid, Mustafa (MPD) (MPD) <mustafa.haamid@...>
      To: Listserve 7D <MPD-7D@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sun, Apr 27, 2014 9:32 pm
      Subject: [MPD-7D] Gambling Leads to Weapon Recovery and Arrests PSA 706

      Good Evening PSA 706 Community

      This evening, Vice members observed several subjects gambling outside 800 Southern Ave, SE. When the officers attempted to make contact with the individuals gambling, several of them started to run inside the building, two were unsuccessful.

      One subject was observed going in & out of a vehicle during the course of  the Disorderly Craps game. When Vice members looked inside the car, they observed a bag of marijuana on the console. In between the seats they noticed a .38. Caliber handgun fully loaded with&nbs p;hollow point ammunition. Also inside the vehicle was a substantial amount of crack cocaine.

      All in all, we arrested one subject for gambling and the other individual was arrested for the weapon, narcotics, and Disorderly Gambling.

      We take what some consider petty crimes just as serious as our Part I offenses. They sort of go hand and hand. If the smaller crimes are not policed they become bigger problems in the future. Hopefully in this case the arrest acts as a deterrent.

      Special thanks to:

      Officer Kiernan Speight
      Officer Tony Covington

      Sent from Surface

      April is National Financial Capability Month!
      Evaluate your financial well-being with a free personal financial health assessment provided by the D.C. Dept. of Insurance, Securities and Banking.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic