11324Re: [MPD-7D] 15th & U St., SE? Multiple shootings?

  • April Goggans
    Dec 3, 2013
      I heard that shooting. Very scary.

      On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Made <jasimoe@...> wrote:

      Hi 7D,
      Were there 2 shootings last night or 1?  Two Officers knocked on my door this morning as they went door to door with follow up cards (which I greatly appreciated) regarding a shooting located around 17th street last night.  I just read that it resulted in a fatality.
      But I am reading here that the shooting was on U street between 15 and 16th around the same time. It seems as though these are two separate incidence very close in proximity. If there were 2 shootings, were they related?
      The Gun violence has gotten increasingly worse over here in the past few months.
      Grateful for the increased patrol and all your work 7D, as you have your hands full.

      -Jade

      On Dec 3, 2013, at 9:35 AM, "Hoey, Robin (MPD)" <robin.hoey@...> wrote:

      Thank you for your email.  Last night around 10 pm units assigned to the Good Hope Road detail heard sounds of gunshots in the area and responded to the store at 15th and U street se. Once there, we located a black male subject who was shot at least twice in the stomach. He was transported to the hospital in stable condition. We have no motive at present however, we have some leads in this case. We will continue with our strong deployment in this area and have relocated our Weed and Seed bus for visibility. Further our strong vice enforcement that we have been using in the area for the past 60 days will continue. thank you

      Commander Robin Hoey
      Metropolitan Police Department
      Seventh District
      2455 Alabama Avenue S.E.
      Washington D.C.

      On 3 dec. 2013, at 09:19 AM, "Charles E. Wilson" <charleswilsonhu@...> wrote:

      Good Morning Commander Hoey,

      There was a shooting in my SMD last night in front of the corner store located at 15th and U St. Can you provide an update on the occurrence and status of the investigation?

      Thanks,

      --
      Charles E. Wilson
      Register to VoteCLICK HERE

      Each One Give One!  Help the DC ONE FUND reach our One City DC One Fund goal of $1 million dollars to provide much needed support to so many in our region.  Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov

      --
      Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic