      Government of the District of Columbia
      Department of Transportation

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
      Thursday, November 21, 2013
      DDOT Media Contact: Reggie Sanders202-437-0809, reggie.sanders@...

      ***TRAFFIC ADVISORY***

      Nighttime Closure of Southbound Lanes of Anacostia Freeway (DC 295) Between Pennsylvania Avenue SE and the 11th Street Bridge on Monday, November 25, 2013

      DDOT to Erect New Overhead Sign Structure over the Anacostia Freeway

      (Washington D.C.) As part of the 11th Street Bridge Project, the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will close the southbound lanes of the Anacostia Freeway (DC 295), between Pennsylvania Avenue SE and the 11th Street Bridge, from 12 a.m. until 5 a.m. on Monday, November 25, 2013, weather permitting.

      During this time, motorists will also encounter a right lane closure and intermittent 20-minute stoppages in the northbound direction of this stretch of roadway.  The closures are needed to allow crews to erect the first of several new overhead sign structures over the Anacostia Freeway (DC 295).

      In addition, in order to assemble the sign truss prior to installation, the southbound Anacostia Freeway (DC 295) right auxiliary lane from the eastbound Pennsylvania Avenue SE on-ramp to the southbound Anacostia Freeway (DC 295) will be temporarily closed from Monday, November 18, 2013 to Tuesday, November 26, 2013.

      During the road closure, signed detours will be posted.

      DETOURS

      • Southbound DC-295 traffic will be detoured via Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, onto Potomac Avenue, SE, then to I Street, SE, onto 11th Street, SE, to access the on-ramp to westbound I-695/I-395 (Southeast/Southwest Freeway) or the entrance ramp to southbound I-295 at M Street, SE.
      • Motorists traveling on Pennsylvania Avenue, SE will follow the posted detour routes along Pennsylvania Avenue, SE to Potomac Avenue, SE, then to I Street, SE, and 11th Street, SE, to access the on-ramp to westbound I-695/I-395 (Southeast/Southwest Freeway) or the entrance ramp to southbound I-295 at M Street, SE.

      In the event of inclement weather or other unforeseen conditions, this work will be rescheduled and an updated advisory will be distributed.

      For more information and to follow the bridge project and AWI Program’s progress, please visit anacostiawaterfront.org/11thStreetBridge. To join the project or AWI community contact list or ask questions, please email ddot.awi@...  or call 202-741-8528.

      ###

      Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District

      This email was sent to lendia.johnson@...
      Justice & Sustainability Associates, LLC · 910 17th Street NW, Suite 311 · Washington, DC 20006 · USA

      Each

      One Give One!
      Help the DC ONE FUND reach our One City DC One Fund goal of $1 million dollars to provide much needed support to so many in our region.  Learn more at www.dconefund.org or www.onefund.dc.gov