Re: [MPD-5D] Fourth and Fifth Districts team up to close robbery spree!!!!!

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
      Thanks for the support
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

      From: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      To: mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com <mpd-5d@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon Feb 28 23:32:18 2011
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Fourth and Fifth Districts team up to close robbery spree!!!!!

      Great teamwork! Stay safe out there!

      On Mon Feb 28th, 2011 8:32 PM EST Greene, Lamar (MPD) wrote:

      > Around 2pm today, a complainant reported being robbed of property at 10th and Perry St in 5D. A short time later, a complainant was robbed of property at 6th and Emerson Sts NE in 4D. No weapons were displayed in either case and the lookout for both robberies was a white Dodge Van occupied with teenaged males. Units responded to the scene and voiced the vehicle lookout and an off duty Fourth District officer riding in his personal vehicle observed the Dodge Van. The officer alerted units as the vehicle drove into the Fifth District. The occupants realizing officers were closing in fled from the Van on foot around 12th and Lawrence Sts NE. Four suspects (1 adult male and 3 juvenile males) were apprehended by 4D and 5D units. 1 suspect was able to make good his escape. The Dodge Van was stolen a short time before the first robbery. Two of the suspects were positively linked to the robberies and are charged with both occupying a stolen auto and robbery.
      The other two suspects are charged with the stolen auto. 4D Detectives are coordinating with 5D and 2D Detectives as these Districts have also experienced similar robberies. Thanks to all the units who played part in this apprehension
      >Commander Lamar D. Greene
      >
      >Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
      >If you SEE something, SAY something.
      >Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.
      >Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
      >
      >To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.

    • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
        It was stolen from in front of the owner’s home at 3oo block of Rittenhouse St NW, PSA 402.
        Commander Lamar D. Greene

        From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:32:19 -0500