Fourth and Fifth Districts team up to close robbery spree!!!!!

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
      Around 2pm today, a complainant reported being robbed of property at 10th and Perry St in 5D. A short time later, a complainant was robbed of property at 6th and Emerson Sts NE in 4D. No weapons were displayed in either case and the lookout for both robberies was a white Dodge Van occupied with teenaged males. Units responded to the scene and voiced the vehicle lookout and an off duty Fourth District officer riding in his personal vehicle observed the Dodge Van. The officer alerted units as the vehicle drove into the Fifth District. The occupants realizing officers were closing in fled from the Van on foot around 12th and Lawrence Sts NE. Four suspects (1 adult male and 3 juvenile males) were apprehended by 4D and 5D units. 1 suspect was able to make good his escape. The Dodge Van was stolen a short time before the first robbery. Two of the suspects were positively linked to the robberies and are charged with both occupying a stolen auto and robbery. The other two suspects are charged with the stolen auto. 4D Detectives are coordinating with 5D and 2D Detectives as these Districts have also experienced similar robberies. Thanks to all the units who played part in this apprehension
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

    • jtcullimore@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
        Great work to ALL involved!

        From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:32:19 -0500
        To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [MPD-5D] Fourth and Fifth Districts team up to close robbery spree!!!!!

[...]

      • Thomas, Carl D. (EOM)
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
          Wonderful collaborative job MPD!! Thank you Commander!

          Carl Thomas
          Mayor's Office of Community Relations and Services
          Ward 5 Community Liaison
          202-340-7141
          Carl.Thomas@...

[...]

        • Debbie (Smith) Steiner

          • faceartists@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
              Great job! Thanks for keeping our neighborhoods safe!

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
                Commander Greene

                Can you tell us from where the van van was stolen?

                Thanks
                Matthew

                Sent on the move from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011

                  Carl have you had a moment to introduce yourself to our MPD-5D listserve?

[...]

                • Steven Conn
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 28, 2011
                    Great teamwork! Stay safe out there!

                    On Mon Feb 28th, 2011 8:32 PM EST Greene, Lamar (MPD) wrote:

                    > Around 2pm today, a complainant reported being robbed of property at 10th and Perry St in 5D. A short time later, a complainant was robbed of property at 6th and Emerson Sts NE in 4D. No weapons were displayed in either case and the lookout for both robberies was a white Dodge Van occupied with teenaged males. Units responded to the scene and voiced the vehicle lookout and an off duty Fourth District officer riding in his personal vehicle observed the Dodge Van. The officer alerted units as the vehicle drove into the Fifth District. The occupants realizing officers were closing in fled from the Van on foot around 12th and Lawrence Sts NE. Four suspects (1 adult male and 3 juvenile males) were apprehended by 4D and 5D units. 1 suspect was able to make good his escape. The Dodge Van was stolen a short time before the first robbery. Two of the suspects were positively linked to the robberies and are charged with both occupying a stolen auto and robbery.
                    The other two suspects are charged with the stolen auto. 4D Detectives are coordinating with 5D and 2D Detectives as these Districts have also experienced similar robberies. Thanks to all the units who played part in this apprehension
                    >Commander Lamar D. Greene
                    >
                    >Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
                    >If you SEE something, SAY something.
                    >Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.
                    >Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
                    >
                    >To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.
                  • brian.ions
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
                      They can run, but they can't hide!

                      Thanks to the collaborative work of 5D, 4D, 2D and of all MPD officers across the city, as
                      pedestrians near Metro Stations continue to be targeted.  It's also especially good to hear of young criminal perps having their criminal behaviors, and destructive life choices seriously interrupted by MPD.

                      This story highlights another, often customary aspect of police work, too...

                      Even when they're off duty, police officers are frequently still very much 'on' duty-- keeping watch, whether driving between home and work, or in their own neighborhoods and communities.  All over America, it's not unusual for the sound of police scanners or police radios to be heard in their homes and all kinds of personal-time, "off-duty" places.

                      This 4D officer's off-duty work clearly made a difference, in this case.  It's just another reason to be grateful for MPD officers' extraordinary dedication to their profession, and their service to all of us.  Thank you ladies and gents!

                      brian
                      502 (just south of 4D)

                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
                        Thanks for the support

                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1, 2011
                          It was stolen from in front of the owner’s home at 3oo block of Rittenhouse St NW, PSA 402.
                          Commander Lamar D. Greene