Re: Pack of Teenagers Unit Block P ST NW

  • brian.ions
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 27, 2011
      Well stated, and so true, Kathy.  It sounds like Geovani and BCA have gone above and beyond, too.  The parents need to be held accountable.

      brian
      502

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, khenderson029@... wrote:

      Re: [MPD-5D] Pack of Teenagers Unit Block P ST NW

      Officers are not social workers or parental surrogates, though they often go above and beyond the call of duty. Fifth District officers have bought bicycles and toys for area youth, helped with homework, engaged in sports activities etc. Chief Lanier has even secured employment for some of our young people. These activities clearly go above and beyond the call of duty for law enforcement personnel.

      Parents should be held accountable for directing the activities of their children. No child should be aimlessly wandering the streets and engaging in rowdy behavior with cohorts.
      I believe the police should contact the parents of these rowdy youth and put them on notice about the consequences of disturbing public safety. Concerned and responsible parents do not allow their children to roam the streets and disturb the public.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: SH <saleem9@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:17:38 -0800 (PST)
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] Pack of Teenagers Unit Block P ST NW

       Did anyone (police) actually go up to the crowd and do some community intervention?  I don't understand how not one officer knows not one parent of any of these riff raffs causing havoc on the streets.  Just lock 'um' up and throw away the key?  Maybe officers can keep a few summer employment applications in their squad cars to pass out.  Everyone is so separate, trying to do "this thing" alone.  UNITY, PEOPLE!

      From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 00:21:21 -0500
      To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>; Wright Jr., Ronald J.(MPD)<Ronald.WrightJr@...>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

      The females are a new trend in that area I will inform units to be on the lookout while patrolling
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.