Burglary closed with arrest

  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 21 12:20 PM
      This morning the Fifth District responded to a burglary one, three suspect entered a home in the 100 block of P st nw. A male and female were awaken to the presence of the subjects, a brief fight ensued and the subjects fled. Patrol officers responded and then received a call for a subject with a suspicious package in the rear of the 2200 block of North Capitol Street, Sgt thorne and officers were in the area and chased the subjects, in the suspects possession officers recovered a bag containing several laptops to include items taken in the Burglary-1. All three suspects were captured after a foot chase through the cemetery and have been charged with the Burglary. We anticipate several additional charges on this group!
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

    • jtcullimore@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 21 12:29 PM
        Great work!

        From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:20:26 -0500
        To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [MPD-5D] Burglary closed with arrest

      • Mrgeovani@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 21 12:37 PM
          Commander Greene - thank you for this update and our gratitude to Seargent Thorne and the occicers that conducted the arrest.

          MPD vigilence and presence in our neighborhood is making a tremendous difference. I look forward to the MPD Crime Prevention Workshop and ADT Home Security Presentation during our March 7th Civic Association meeting.

          Regards,

          Geovani Bonilla
          Bates Area Civic Association

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...>
          Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:20:26 -0500
          To: 'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'<MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

          This morning the Fifth District responded to a burglary one, three suspect entered a home in the 100 block of P st nw. A male and female were awaken to the presence of the subjects, a brief fight ensued and the subjects fled. Patrol officers responded and then received a call for a subject with a suspicious package in the rear of the 2200 block of North Capitol Street, Sgt thorne and officers were in the area and chased the subjects, in the suspects possession officers recovered a bag containing several laptops to include items taken in the Burglary-1. All three suspects were captured after a foot chase through the cemetery and have been charged with the Burglary. We anticipate several additional charges on this group!
          Commander Lamar D. Greene

          If you SEE something, SAY something.

        • Bowles, Gregory J.
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 21 12:38 PM

            It is so fantastic to watch as the “good guys” repeatedly win this neighborhood over…  Please pass along our thanks to the hard working officers on the force!

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 21 12:47 PM
              I will thanks for your support!
              Commander Lamar D. Greene

[...]

            • Daniella Gibbs Leger
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 21 12:54 PM
                Commander Greene, any chance these could be the guys who hit my house last week?

                Keep up the great work!
                Daniella on monroe

                On 2/21/11, Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

                > This morning the Fifth District responded to a burglary one, three suspect
                > entered a home in the 100 block of P st nw. A male and female were awaken to
                > the presence of the subjects, a brief fight ensued and the subjects fled.
                > Patrol officers responded and then received a call for a subject with a
                > suspicious package in the rear of the 2200 block of North Capitol Street,
                > Sgt thorne and officers were in the area and chased the subjects, in the
                > suspects possession officers recovered a bag containing several laptops to
                > include items taken in the Burglary-1. All three suspects were captured
                > after a foot chase through the cemetery and have been charged with the
                > Burglary. We anticipate several additional charges on this group!
                > Commander Lamar D. Greene
                >
                > Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
                > If you SEE something, SAY something.
                > Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at
                > SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already
                > occurred.
                > Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
                >
                > To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.

              • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 21 1:19 PM
                  Thanks for the support we will continue with our plans in this area
                  Commander Lamar D. Greene

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 21 1:24 PM
                    The boldness and stupidity of these perpetrators continues to astonish us.  And Commander, we're grateful whenever and wherever your teams take them down, throughout 5D.

                    brian
                    502

                    --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

                    > This morning the Fifth District responded to a burglary one, three suspect entered a home in the 100 block of P st nw. A male and female were awaken to the presence of the subjects, a brief fight ensued and the subjects fled. Patrol officers responded and then received a call for a subject with a suspicious package in the rear of the 2200 block of North Capitol Street, Sgt thorne and officers were in the area and chased the subjects, in the suspects possession officers recovered a bag containing several laptops to include items taken in the Burglary-1. All three suspects were captured after a foot chase through the cemetery and have been charged with the Burglary. We anticipate several additional charges on this group!
                    > Commander Lamar D. Greene
                    >
                    > Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
                    > If you SEE something, SAY something.
                    > Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.
                    > Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
                    >
                    > To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.

                  • Steven Conn
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 21 3:07 PM
                      Awesome work! Congrats to the officers who invested themselves physically to send a message that "we will catch and arrest you!"

                      I'm sure word will spread, and would be burglars will take notice!

                      Be safe out there!

                    • khenderson029@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 21 4:00 PM
                        Sergeant Thorne excels in either catching burglars in the act or shortly thereafter. Kudos to Sergeant Thorne and his team! Please provide the names of the suspects; I will add them to the 5D Court Watch. It is likely they are repeat offenders.

                        Kathy Henderson

                        From: "Bowles, Gregory J." <gbowles@...>
                        Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:38:28 -0500
                        To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 21 4:55 PM
                          We have linked them to at least one other we will be looking at them for many and doing print comparisons!
                          Commander Lamar D. Greene

                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 21 4:56 PM
                            Thanks Brian the officers are concentrating on these offenses, thanks for your support

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 21 4:56 PM
                              Will do!
                              Commander Lamar D. Greene

                              From: "Bowles, Gregory J." <gbowles@...>