Burglary

  • Daniella Gibbs Leger
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2011
      My house was broken into this afternoon (Monroe btwn RIA and Clinton).  No one was injured, and items can always be replaced, so I guess that's good.

      I want to send a special thank you to MPD, specifically Officer Russell Grimes who was a great help.

      Be safe out there folks.

      D on Monroe
    • Hughes, Corinne (MPD)
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 18, 2011
        Sorry about your break in we will increase our patrols in the area Lieutenant Hughes

        If you SEE something, SAY something.

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 18, 2011
          Thak you Lt Hughes. This is the 3rd crime we've experienced in one
          year, so something is clearly going on here. Extra patrols are greatly
          appreciated.

          On 2/18/11, Hughes, Corinne (MPD) <corinne.hughes@...> wrote:
          > Sorry about your break in we will increase our patrols in the area
          > Lieutenant Hughes
          >

          > Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
          > If you SEE something, SAY something.
          > Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at
          > SAR@...<mailto:SAR@...> to report suspicious activity or behavior that
          > has already occurred.
          > Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
          >
          > To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.
          >

          > ________________________________

        • David
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 18, 2011
            I would like to echo this sentiment. We got burgled yesterday in the early afternoon. Clearly, they were watching and waiting for my wife to leave the house. Luckily she didn't walk in on them on her return.

            More visible patrols would be most welcome.

            Dave on Kearney

            --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, Daniella Gibbs Leger <daniellagibbsleger@...> wrote:

            > Thak you Lt Hughes. This is the 3rd crime we've experienced in one
            > year, so something is clearly going on here. Extra patrols are greatly
            > appreciated.
            >
            > On 2/18/11, Hughes, Corinne (MPD) <corinne.hughes@...> wrote:
            > > Sorry about your break in we will increase our patrols in the area
            > > Lieutenant Hughes
            > >

            > > Preventing terrorism is everybody's business.
            > > If you SEE something, SAY something.
            > > Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at
            > > SAR@...<mailto:SAR@...> to report suspicious activity or behavior that
            > > has already occurred.
            > > Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
            > >
            > > To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.
            > >

            > > ________________________________

          • Thembi Butler
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
              Just wanted to alert the neighborhood to a burglary.  Someone broke into our house on 2nd ST NE (between Seaton and S ST NE) by kicking in the front door frame sometime between 11 am and 3 pm.   According to our tenant, electronics were taken and the liquor cabinet was emptied.  Cash was taken, drawers emptied/furniture overturned, etc.

              This is particularly shocking to me since that door faces a busy street, and it happened in broad daylight.

            • Prep228dc
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 22, 2011
                The exact same thing has happened to me on 24th St. NE twice in last 4 months. Once in July and again this month....kicked in front door in middle of the day....ransacked house....and had enough time to apparently make several trips with everything easily resellable to their vehicle.

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Nov 22, 2011, at 4:11 PM, Thembi Butler <thembi_butler@...> wrote:

                Just wanted to alert the neighborhood to a burglary.  Someone broke into our house on 2nd ST NE (between Seaton and S ST NE) by kicking in the front door frame sometime between 11 am and 3 pm.   According to our tenant, electronics were taken and the liquor cabinet was emptied.  Cash was taken, drawers emptied/furniture overturned, etc.

                This is particularly shocking to me since that door faces a busy street, and it happened in broad daylight.

              • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013

                  On Sunday, February 17, 2013, at approximately 8:45 am, a residence in the 1200 block of Newton Street, NW , was burglarized.  The homeowner was present at the time of the offense, however was unaware of the crime until he responded to the downstairs portion of the dwelling.  At that time it was discovered that an unknown suspect(s) had forced open the front door and stolen items from within.  The victim’s vehicle was also taken in the offense but located abandoned a short distance away.

                  The suspect is described as a black male possibly in his mid 20’s, last seen wearing a black coat with a hood, a black “RG III” skull cap, and riding a red bicycle.

                  We are asking residents to please call 911 immediately if you observe an individual similar to this description.

                  Thank You

                  Capt. J. Brown

                  5th District

                  (202) 698-0288

                  Visit
                  www.Grade.DC.gov

                • Brown, Jeff (MPD)
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 18, 2013

                    Yes.  My apologies.  This occurred in the NE section of the Fifth District.

                    Thanks

                    Is it possible you meant 1200 Newton Street, NE ?

                    Bobby Pittman

[...]

                    Robert Pittman
                    PSA 104 Co-Coordinator
                    PSA 104 Neighborhood Public Safety Meetings
                    2nd Tuesdays at Sherwood Recreation Center 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM

                    Parking and Bike Racks Available onsite

                    Come, Bring A Neighbor and a Friend

                    Learn About Neighborhood Watch,Neighborhood Walk and Business Watch
                    http://PSA104.blogspot.com (under development)
                    CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message, together with any attachments is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity to which it is addressed.
                    It may contain information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this item in error, please notify the original sender and destroy this item, along with any attachments. Thank you.