Shooting at McKinley High School

  • Debbie (Smith) Steiner
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011

      Can someone address the issue of a shooting that occurred at McKinley High School this past Friday?

        Also, please provide the current details and information surrounding the issue of the young man who was shot in the leg during this incident.

      Thanks for any timely response
    • Groomes, Diane (MPD)
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
        Good morning ... I would like to make it clear that the shooting was not at McKinley tech on Friday... I responded to the scene with the 5d officers and our School Security Division... this shooting was also not school related however at approximately 1600 hours, a  youth (who does not attend Mckinley but a neighborhood resident) was approached by a male and words exchanged on T St and was shot once in the leg.  The motive of this assault is still being investigated and we had several subjects stopped immediately after the incident, however none of the subjects were identified as being involved. We are looking for a black male wearing a coat with white fur on the collar.... anyone with information we ask that they call us at 1 888 919 CRIME..

        If you SEE something, SAY something.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2011
          Thanks Asst. Chief Groomes for your, as always, expeditious response.

          Please note: When incidents are being reported second hand, close proximity of a known landmark is used only to assist with identifying the location.

           Enjoy and keep up the great work!

          From: Groomes, Diane (MPD) <diane.groomes@...>
          Date: Feb 6, 2011 11:00 AM
          Subject: RE: [MPD-5D] Shooting at McKinley High School