5D Court Watch Meeting

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2011
      We will review the list of repeat offenders in Ward 5 and discuss Court Watch updates. This is a good opportunity to ensure that repeat offenders in your neighborhood are on the list. You will have the opportunity to submit anonymous community impact statements for recently convicted violent offenders before they are sentenced. Do not miss the opportunity to tell the judges how a defendant's crime has eroded your sense of safety in your community. Judges are listening; make sure your voice is heard. We will meet in the community room at the Fifth District on January 19th, at 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Bring a neighbor and take a stand against the revolving door that leads repeat offenders right back into our neighborhoods as soon as the police arrest them. I look forward to seeing you. Refreshments provided.

      Kathy Henderson
    • khenderson029@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 9, 2011

        FIFTH DISTRICT COURT WATCH COMMUNITY MEETING

        DATE: March 16, 2011; TIME: 6:30 – 8:00 P.M.; LOCATION: FIFTH DISTRICT POLICE HEADQUARTERS, 1805 BLADENSBURG ROAD, NE

        YOU ARE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE IN AN EVENING DISCUSSION WITH:

        THE HONORABLE JUDGE ROBERT RIGSBY

        FIND OUT WHAT CRITERIA THE JUDGES USE TO DETERMINE A DEFENDANT'S SENTENCE AND HOW COMMUNITY IMPACT STATEMENTS ARE EVALUATED

        DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN MORE ABOUT OUR LAW ENFORCEMENT SYSTEM AND HOW YOU CAN HELP TO KEEP REPEAT OFFENDERS OFF OF OUR STREETS

        Contact: Kathy Henderson

        (202) 397-2777

        Khenderson029@...

        Refreshments

      • khenderson029@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
          Did you know that you can submit an anonymous community impact statement to a judge when a guilty defendant is about to be sentenced? You can tell the judge just how a defendant's crime has affected you and your community and you NEVER have to give your name or any identifying information. You have the power to help keep repeat offenders off of our streets and I encourage you to use it.

          Do you know which offenders are on the "Watch List" or do you know of a defendant that should be added? Find out how you can help to keep dangerous repeat offenders off of our streets with the stroke of a pen. The next 5D Court Watch meeting will convene on October 19, 2011, at the Fifth District Police Headquarters, located at 1805 Bladensburg Rd, NE from 6:30-8:00 p.m. Criminals benefit from silence; it is time to take away their advantage.

          Kathy Henderson