Re: [MPD-5D] Re: Homicide closed with arrest

  • Debbie (Smith) Steiner
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 28, 2010
      I am so glad that you resonded to this email! I wanted to, but I was feeling as though I was the only one this listserv with more than 1200 participants who appreciates the hard work of our committed officers.

      Anyway, DITTO to Darren's response.

      Enjoy life!

      On Dec 28, 2010 4:17 AM, darren <darrren12000@...> wrote:

      GREAT NEWS! Also, the 4th District closed a homicide: http://newsroom.dc.gov/show.aspx/agency/mpdc/section/2/release/20920/year/2010/month/12

      --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

      > December 27, 2010 Arrest Made in the Homicide Hiawatha Jackson ( Washington, DC) Detectives assigned to the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch announced today that an arrest has been made in the 2009 homicide of 7-week-old Hiawatha Jackson. On Monday, August 29, 2009, at approximately 3:35 pm, units from the Fifth District responded to 1800 block of Bryant Street, NE for the report of an unconscious person. Upon arrival, they located 7-week-old Hiawatha Jackson in an unconscious state. DC Fire and Emergency Medical Services responded to the scene and transported Hiawatha Jackson to a local area hospital where he was later pronounced dead. An autopsy was performed and his death was ruled a homicide. On Monday, December 27, 2010, members of the Capital Area Regional Fugitive Task Force arrested the father of Hiawatha Jackson, 18-year-old Hiawatha Henry, of Northeast, DC, pursuant to an arrest warrant charging him with Felony First Degree Murder. ### Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.If you SEE something, SAY something.Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@... to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
      > Commander Lamar D. Greene
      >

      > Preventing terrorism is everybody’s business.
      > If you SEE something, SAY something.
      > Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@...<mailto:SAR@...> to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.
      > Call 911 to report in-progress threats or emergencies.
      >
      > To learn more, visit http://www.mpdc.dc.gov/operationtipp.

    • brian.ions
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 28, 2010
        Thanks, Commander.  This case being closed with an arrest is terrific, of course.  But as with the case of the mother and child at Tyson's, I'm sure many of us wince and shake our heads at just the thought of such crime.

        Out of curiosity for the stats info, I came up with this site.  Don't know how official/ accurate it is, but maybe it will help us focus a bit.
        http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics#gen-stats

        Child Abuse Types
        brian