RE: [MPD-5D] MPD elves at work on Christmas eve

  • DeBorah Steiner
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2010

      Thanks for sharing Ben!

      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      From: b.eisler@...
      Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 15:53:15 -0800
      Subject: Re: [MPD-5D] MPD elves at work on Christmas eve

      In case you missed it on channel 7 tonight: http://tbd.ly/h39fyc

      On Dec 24, 2010, at 9:23 PM, "Groomes, Diane (MPD)" <diane.groomes@...> wrote:

      Good evening all... I want to send out a note of gratitude to our MPD Elves that made a Christmas for a family very special today...it was the night before Christmas.... and a family from Langston Carver went over to relatives to eat their holiday meal this afternoon... the family of four came home to find their home burglarized and all of their Christmas gifts under the tree were taken.... the mother called "Lt Vince Turner aka Santa from our School Division(also grew up in the area)" for assistance... besides just taking the mandatory police report... Lt Turner called upon his MPD elves to make this tragedy into a positive Christmas for this family...officers from Youth Division(Co Robinson), 5d outreach -Ms Vaughn, Inspector Sund and our partners from the Southeast Whitehouse on PA Ave quickly gathered up toys for the 3 kids and delivered them via the sleigh outfitted with a siren (vs rudolph)... now thats the Spirit of Christmas and public service.... Happy HOlidays and Thank you MPD team!!!

      If you SEE something, SAY something.