  • Greene, Lamar (MPD)
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 18, 2010
      Fifth District is working a shooting 3600 block of 12th Street, Newton Market, two gunmen entered the location dressed in dark clothing and attempted to rob the location. One of the suspects discharged a firearm striking the manager in the chest. The victim died as a result of the injury. If anyone has information relative to this shooting please call us immediately at 202 727 9099.

      We need your help to close this horrible crime!
      Commander Lamar D. Greene

      If you SEE something, SAY something.

    • brian.ions
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2010
        Thank you for this appeal, Commander Greene.

        The Newton Market is a well-known convenience store serving Brookland residents as well as both 5D and 4D area commuters using the Brookland Metro.  So this is an especially bold crime by perpetrators with utter contempt for human life and our communities.  Please, neighbors and area commuters, help MPD get these perps off the street ASAP.

        This crime on Saturday evening, 12/18, 6:30-7pm appeared planned for near closing on a busy weekend night.  It may be that the perps tried a "dry-run" on Friday evening.  So if anyone noticed any suspicious people, vehicle(s), etc. hanging about the vicinity of 12th and Newton-- on Friday or Saturday night from about 6pm through 7pm, please let MPD know (202-727-9099).

        brian
        PSA 502

        --- In MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com, "Greene, Lamar (MPD)" <lamar.greene@...> wrote:

        Fifth District is working a shooting 3600 block of 12th Street, Newton Market,
        two gunmen entered the location dressed in dark clothing and attempted to rob
        the location. One of the suspects discharged a firearm striking the manager in
        the chest. The victim died as a result of the injury. If anyone has
        information relative to this shooting please call us immediately at 202 727
        9099.

        We need your help to close this horrible crime!
        Commander Lamar D. Greene

        If you SEE something, SAY something.
        Call the Metropolitan Police Department at (202) 727-9099 or email at SAR@...
        to report suspicious activity or behavior that has already occurred.

      • lauri browne
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2010
          My family's sincerest condolences to the family of the Newton Street market manager.  This is a terrible crime and a senseless loss of life by a one of our community members and we are so deeply, deeply saddened.

          I have good faith in Commander Green and the Fifth District police that someday soon we will read a follow up e-mail that they have the cold blooded killer in custody.  Please keep the community apprised and let us know if there are any other forthcoming details which would help us assist you.

          If there were any witnesses or security video, we would be interested in knowing if the trigger pulling was intentional or accidental.  Let me be clear, neither lessens the crime in any way at all, we are only asking to be aware what level criminal is at large - an inept robber or a fully heartless killer.

          be safe one and all,
          LB

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2011
            There used to be a DC Police Video Security Camera Box On the Telephone Pole on 12th Street Between Monroe and Newton, Right in Front of the Pizza Boli's. What happened to that Video Camera and Why was it taken Down? Maybe Keeping those Cameras there would have prevented the Newton Street Killing or at least have caught the coming and going of the Killers.

            Who Decides to Take Down Those Cameras and Why was the Decision Made to Take the Cameras off of 12th Street in Front of Pizza Bolis?

            -Guy Durant