Re: [MPD-5D] D.C. jury convicts 4 in gang violence case

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 23, 2010
      Ms. Prophet:

      Please spare us the sarcasm and stick to the issues. We have a system
      of justice that allows for people who commit crimes to hear their
      accusers, respond and when they are found guilty by a jury of their
      peers they are sentenced. We pay our police to arrest persons that
      commit crimes and we pay our US Attorneys to prosecute said crimes and
      we pay our judges to issue sentences in these matters. Now citizens who
      are very weary of watching the revolving door on crime allow repeat
      offenders back onto our streets, have the opportunity to weigh in
      regarding sentencing. I hope more citizens choose to be brave and write
      an anonymous community impact statement in this matter. It is time that
      judges hear what it is like to to live in the midst of persons who
      continually violate the law and the peace and order that we should all
      enjoy in our neighborhoods.

      Perhaps you should expend your efforts to address parents that allow
      their children to become perpetrators of crime and in many cases
      violent crime. However, I respectfully ask you to spare us regarding
      the he is a good boy with a good heart refrain. Making excuses for
      persons that commit violent crimes is unproductive and jeopardizes the
      safety of our entire city.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: khenderson029@... <khenderson029@...>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, November 18, 2010, 6:59 PM

       The police should be relentless with protecting public safety and
      prosecutors should be relentless with convictions. Any person that has
      a propensity to commit crime, mayhem and murder should be prosecuted to
      the fullest extent of the law. We need to stop making excuses for those
      that commit crimes. "Oh he's a good boy..." This is nonsense! You hear
      these type of comments in neighborhoods, jury rooms and at family
      gatherings. Good boys do not rob people, traffic drugs or commit
      murder. If families and communities would begin holding individuals
      accountable, they may not graduate to becoming full-blown criminals.
      Let's stop making excuses for people that violate our neighborhoods.

      Kathy Henderson Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®
      From: Diedra Prophet <imdiedra@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:51:03 -0800 (PST)
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com

        Please people....

      I have worked with these boys since their youth and all but one have
      wonderful hearts and terrible circumstances.  Before any of you
      judge...go out in your community and help make this city a place where
      these young men can flourish and not feel oppressed and limited...and
      please don't write back with the same cliches about the choices these
      boys made because unless you have walked in any of their footsteps or
      felt their pain...You Will Never Understand.  The police and other law
      enforcement are being relentless on conviction rates to please our new
      community.  No one ever has the right to take another life (NO ONE) but
      25 years for firing a handgun!!! Did Cheney receive the same sentence
      for shooting off his gun and who was convicted in the Robert Wone case
      NO ONE!!!!!!  And for the record, I know the victims family as
      well...So i am aware of both sides

      Sorry if I offend anyone but I am very passionate about black youth and
      justice and i have worked in this community for over 20 years with some
      of the worse cases and i am not giving up!!!!!!!!!!

      From: kennybrooks66@... <kennybrooks66@...>
      To: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 11:14 PM

        We're all given free will and criminals know their options. Not
      getting caught is one of their options. We're born free and have that
      option to remain so.

      Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless

      From: Greene, Lamar (MPD) <lamar.greene@...>
      To: "'MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com'" <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, November 13, 2010, 4:07 PM

        D.C. jury convicts 4 in gang vi

      WASHINGTON (AP) - A D.C. Superior Court jury has convicted four alleged
      gang members in a case stemming from a spate of gang warfare in April
      2008.

      Friday's verdict means that three members of the "Todd Place Crew" face
      possible terms of life in prison and a fourth faces up to 25 years.
      Three defendants - Joseph A. Jenkins, James C. Bates and Darnell
      Anderson - were convicted of first degree murder and other charges and
      face possible life terms.

      A fourth defendant, Edward Warren, was convicted of obstruction of
      justice and weapons offenses and faces 25 years in prison.

      According to the government's evidence, the Todd Place Crew was
      responsible for a series of gang shootings that left one person dead
      and 12 other people wounded between April and July 2008.

      (Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This
      material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
      Commander Lamar D. Greene