Re: [MPD-5D] drug activity and loitering on O street

  • khenderson029@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22 7:41 PM
      If anyone is willing to participate in a neighborhood safety walk with the police, let me know. I will gladly join you and coordinate the walk. We have found safety walks to be a useful tool in the fight against crime.

      Kathy Henderson

      From: "crknightdc" <crknightdc@...>
      Sender: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 03:25:55 -0000
      To: <MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: MPD-5D@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [MPD-5D] drug activity and loitering on O street

      The same guys that had been loitering and dealing on O street are back, they are loitering on the corner of first and O street NW on down to about 74 O street NW, using the SOME-parking lot as a new area to go back in and out of to do whatever they are doing. They are also even urinating on the sidewalk along the parked cars. Is it possible to send a car out to patrol the area and perhaps sit on the corner for a little while to monitor the individuals walking up and down the street also is it possible to have more of a police presence in the area during the night or start using the large light that that was being used in the past to try and detour the activity?
      I have also noticed a lot of guys sitting in their cars along both sides of O Street during the night as if there waiting for people to come in and sit in the car with them to make their deal.